Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING: BridgeLiguatec
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LettersAthruZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="aphannen"]

Bridge is NOT unique in their practice of making teachers audition. Unfortunately, teaching in Latin America is different because they don't offer contracts before the teacher gets there, unlike Asia. Not better or worse, just different.

Actually, that IS worse than in Asia simply bcause you aren't gambling an airline ticket that costs four digits in USD only to be told that "Sorry, no, we don't like you....oh, by the way - enjoy your visit to Chile" and it didn't sound like aaron had any legal recourse after being told that he "...was accepted....." and buying a ticket to Chile and then not receiving an offer of employ.

I sincerely think that if (BIG "IF" 'cause we don't have Bridge's side of the story here) Bridge is going to process "prospective" teachers in that manner, then they should do A to Z all-in-one interview/demo/hiring in Denver.....flight to DIA is a lot cheaper than a flight to Chile.....
Frank1980

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Aphannen - stakeholder in BL? Reply with quote

Aphannen,
Are you a teacher or a stakeholder in BL? You sound surprisingly biased.
Caroline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaronr wrote:

It is unreasonable to ask someone to fly to Chile on their own dime for a job interview. BL has an office in Colorado. They could do the demos there and stop wasting people's time and money.

I call bs on BL and any other company that does this.

I have to agree with this. If BL has an office in the US, they should be doing the screening there.
wanderingsalsero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: I tend to agree with Caroline Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but my input is that, regardless of how the OP did in the demo, his point (if that is in fact all the facts of the incident) is/was reasonable.....i.e. that they could have just as easily done that screening in Colorado.

I'm thinking about going down to Chile too, around March sometime. I'm just finishing up 3.5 years in S.Korea.

Regards,
Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: