Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Private students - going rate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinSardine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Private students - going rate? Reply with quote

I've just seen somebody advertise a 90 min lesson for 300 crowns in another forum. What is happening to the prices in Prague? That's quite a shocker for private lessons....
Chris Westergaard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a unique example. The market has gone down but that's just because it was overly inflated to begin with. Think of it, in 2006 or so there were about 12 TEFL courses in the city. Now there are 4 -5 that really operate month to month. That's still an average of about 50 new teachers in the market each month not including ones that didn't train here.
I can't imagine anyone teaching 90 min for 150 CZK, but if that's what the guy wants to to, then that's what he wants to do.

Also realize that it might be for group classes with each person paying 150 CZK per 90 minutes. That's what I used to do when I first got here.

Cheers
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: