Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog's in BsAs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Dog's in BsAs? Reply with quote

Hey, does anybody have experience owning a dog and living as an EFL teacher? I'm considering moving to BsAs with my dog but am concerned that the schedule required to make ends wouldn't allow adequate time to take care of him.
cortneymau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Dogs galore. Reply with quote

I am unsure if you have been to BsAs but seriously, the city is full of dogs. It is a dog friendly city. So even though it sounds like you might be busy, there are a lot of people that have dog walkers come in to ensure there dog gets enough exercise and such while you are out for the day. I am unsure of the prices but I can't imagine it being too spendy because I only know of people making decent wages dogwalking with about 17 dogs, no exaggeration. If you want your dog there and you wont have time there is still the option of having someone else walk your dog. Hope that is a little helpful.
christyannemelendez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, can you legally bring your dog to Argentina?
Jalowsky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Buenos Aires is an extremely dog friendly town, you will have no troubles at all.
SUZUKI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog's what in BsAs?
wiganer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a big difference between 'Is Buenos Aires a dog friendly city' to 'Is it a good idea to bring my dog out from the states'

First of all, unless you have a lot of money to start up, you won't be renting anything big enough to house a dog properly, more than likely you will be house sharing or you will live somewhere very small, secondly, even though the Argentines like their pooches - I wouldn't consider it 'dog friendly' as regards traffic and the state of the pavements etc - of course - if you live in a nice area and there are parks nearby then fair enough. If you live in a crappier part of town (eg: Bodeo) - tell me how any of those places are a good enviroment for a dog?

I say leave your dog at home. Wink
WanderAround

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived there for some time, and there are a ton of dogs, but I would not bring one from the States, as it would be a big hassle.

I also lived in Boedo. Laughing
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dog's Apostrophe of course !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: