Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering Vietnam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibbs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Considering Vietnam Reply with quote

Hi,

Hey I'm the first poster on this specific forum. Anyway I am considering visiting Vietnam later this year to look for teaching work, and I wonder if anyone can help me out. I read the job info. journal messages and have contacted one or two people with experience in Vietnam. Just fishing here in case anyone has a comment or suggestion. I believe Hanoi is a good spot, and I would like to visit there first. I wonder how much time I should prepare to spend there looking. Is two weeks enough? Is it reasonable to just show up and then start looking? Anyway thanks to anyone who replies. By the way, I have several years experience in Asia.

Joe
pistonear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: info for jibbs Reply with quote

Hey Jibbs, follow Dave's advice and check the job information journal. Most advertisements that I saw for Vietnam required at least a Bachelors degree. The job journal had links on it to several sites for jobs in Vietnam.
Micro67

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: HCMC Reply with quote

Just a quick note. I've been in Ho Chi Minh City since October and been very happy. There are markets opening up in Vung Tau and other places, but HCMC is where most people start and I do think the pay is better than Hanoi and other markets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: