Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

80 euros per hour - can this be right?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkCharlesStevens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: 80 euros per hour - can this be right? Reply with quote

I just saw this:

http://teach-english-in-italy.net/classifieds/

... which would appear to be some gov't initiative paying 80 per hour. Does anyone know about this? Where do I apply?!
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just scanned the ad and it seems to me to be limited - both posts mention something like 50 hours total. Is it some sort of short term inservice workshop?
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the PON funded courses. They're aimed at the south of Italy / Sicily and are funded through the EU. To get on a PON course you'd probably need to find out who the course was awarded to (which school / institution etc) or apply directly. Note the ad doesn't give you this info...

The fee is about right - generally EU or province funded courses pay well, but the hours are limited. You'll need to keep the paperwork up-to-date (you'll have registers that need to be signed and stamped) and you might not get paid for some months after the course has finished. You'll probably also need a p iva to invoice (and you need to be a resident to get p iva status...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: