Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trabzon school

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalishnakov

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Trabzon school Reply with quote

anybody heard of the Teorem Teol Language School in Trabzon?
Job lead...they claim to have roughly 700 students, but they don't
really have a website at all. Help anyone?
Dedicated

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Teorem Ingilizce Kursu Reply with quote

I'm actually in Trabzon having a Christmas break. I've located the school :
Teorem Ingilizce Kursu
Cumhuriyet Mahallesi
Uzun Sokak
Turan Kardesler Is Merkezi, Kat 1-3

Tel : 4623217475

This is actually a type of private dershane, not a high school or middle school, where they teach English, French, German, Dutch, Flemish or any language if there is demand. It would be difficult to prove if they have 700 students, but the classrooms are based across 3 floors of the building.
During the day, there is little activity, so I suspect most of the classes are evenings or weekends. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything interesting.
AnneSansTete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any more info about this school been discovered?

TIA
cartago

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pretty bad experience with this school PM me for details if you wish. I then asked around town about them and found out others had as well, both foreign and Turkish staff. Another person had posted a warning about them that I didn't see which said some teachers left because they hadn't been paid.
dumbbledoo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I actually work at this work right now and would be willing to answer questions that you have. It has its ups and downs but I, nor have the other teachers I know, have never had a problem with getting paid on time. This might have been an issue earlier but right now it seems to have been worked out.

That being said, the school itself does have some issues with management. Sometimes you get the feeling that money is that main motivator and sometimes you get the feeling that the management actually cares about teaching English. To be honest, it seems like it is somewhere in the middle.

The environment here is pretty nice most of the time. The teachers are all friendly and the bosses are easy to approach and try to work something out if you have a conflict.

It does have somewhere around 700 or 800 students right now and it is expanding to a new campus closer to the university in town, so it is getting bigger. The work load is mostly morning, afternoon, and weekends. For example, today (Saturday) was packed full of students. On Tuesday-Friday during the afternoon it is pretty mellow between 1 ad 7 o'clock.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions. If I had to say so myself, this school is generally better than some other language schools I have encountered in Turkey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: