Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the ground in Slovenia and desperate for work!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
six bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: On the ground in Slovenia and desperate for work!!! Reply with quote

Well, I've arrived in Ljubljana and am having no luck finding a job so far. I've emailed emailed and called several schools but am coming up with nothing! Its a wonderful city and I really don't want to get on my return flight home.

If ANYONE has advice, contacts, or helpful information it would be greatly appreciated and I'm willing to reward ($$$) anyone who finds me an interview.

BTW I am a 24 year old native speaker with a Bachelors degree and one year of teaching experience in Czech Republic.

Thanks guys,
Tyler
Dragonsheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Good Luck Tyler!
Let us know how it all goes!
Cheers
wiganer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you are American because I know there is work in Slovenia if you are legal - ah well - sorry I can't help you. Crying or Very sad

NB: I have had a look at your qualifications:

1) A bachelors degree in Economics
2) An online TEFL certificate.
3) One year's experience in the Czech Republic
4) Not legal

Look mate, don't get upset but your qualifications are below average. If I was to give you some real good advice, I would tell you to go to Asia, South Korea would be ideal and save some money, try and get an MA TESOL if you fancy getting the decent jobs in this industry or at least a CELTA! What you have won't cut it in most places.
AGoodStory

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six-bolt, what happened to you? Did you find work, or did you end up leaving Slovenia? I'd love to hear some details of your job search, and your experience in Ljubljana. (I'm guessing that by now you're either long gone, or have been teaching for several months.) Give us an update if you still read this forum! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: