Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching positions in Cabrera Dominican Republic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alitas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: teaching positions in Cabrera Dominican Republic Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have been on this forum for years and finally made the jump from Stateside to teaching in the DR. I have been hired at a brand new primary school on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. They are looking for English speaking teachers, preferably bilingual (Spanish) and trilingual (Spanish and French). Grades are k-4. We need two more teachers to round out the staff. Recent grads ok but you really need a teaching degree, certificate, and experience working with this level. Since it is primary you will have to be able to teach a variety of subjects and adhere to the Dominican learning results as well as teach to national standards of the US--since the goal of the school is to eventually feed kids into US colleges.

Any one interested? Post questions or send a pm.

This job will not make you rich but allow you to live by local standards. Don't apply if you are a broke bloke without good planning skills and some idea of the culture of this country.
Sabine11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by 'broke bloke'?????

Quote:
Don't apply if you are a broke bloke without good planning skills and some idea of the culture of this country.

Suerte, Sabine.
Alitas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: broke bloke Reply with quote

If you have debts at "home" this is not the job for you. Local wages in the DR are notoriously low esp. for teachers.
Susan M Young

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: teaching positions in Cabrera Dominican Republic Reply with quote

Alitas wrote:
Hi everyone. I have been on this forum for years and finally made the jump from Stateside to teaching in the DR. I have been hired at a brand new primary school on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. They are looking for English speaking teachers, preferably bilingual (Spanish) and trilingual (Spanish and French). Grades are k-4. We need two more teachers to round out the staff. Recent grads ok but you really need a teaching degree, certificate, and experience working with this level. Since it is primary you will have to be able to teach a variety of subjects and adhere to the Dominican learning results as well as teach to national standards of the US--since the goal of the school is to eventually feed kids into US colleges.

Any one interested? Post questions or send a pm.

This job will not make you rich but allow you to live by local standards. Don't apply if you are a broke bloke without good planning skills and some idea of the culture of this country.
[/b]I am very interested, please contact me at [email protected]
beenthere96-2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: broke bloke Reply with quote

Alitas wrote:
If you have debts at "home" this is not the job for you. Local wages in the DR are notoriously low esp. for teachers.

In other words, it's not a job - its an adventure!
afansenil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: DR ESL job Reply with quote

Quote:
They are looking for English speaking teachers, preferably bilingual (Spanish) and trilingual (Spanish and French). Grades are k-4. We need two more teachers to round out the staff. Recent grads ok but you really need a teaching degree, certificate, and experience working with this level. Since it is primary you will have to be able to teach a variety of subjects and adhere to the Dominican learning results as well as teach to national standards of the US--since the goal of the school is to eventually feed kids into US colleges.

Alitas,

I am also interested in working at the school. I am a Math and Science teacher. I have experience with children and teenagers in Texas, Buenos Aires and Paraguay in bilingual schools

please email me: afansenil(at)gmail.com

Thank you
tharow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I lived in Cabarete for half a year ...you guys can do alot better than Cabrerra ....try LT
derfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Jobs in the D R Reply with quote

Hola Alitas,
I'm moving to La Vega en la Republica Dominicana in September or October. I have a summer job in Maine, but I leave long before the snow gets here.
My Spanish is good.
I'm replying to a post from 9 months ago, so have no idea as to its validity.
I'd like to send a resume if it will do me any good.
I can live on Dominican wages since I have a monthly retirement social security check.
Could you email me if it is convenient?
[email protected]
derfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: confusion Reply with quote

It puzzles me how one can post a reply and have it dated 2007 when the post they are replying to is dated 2011. Does someone have a time machine? Very Happy
Der Fish
Janiny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzles me that someone would comment on it almost two years later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: