Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BalancingSunnyWeatherAndJobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anglin2009

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: BalancingSunnyWeatherAndJobs Reply with quote

I presently live in Seattle, WA. I don't mind the rain here, but the continual overcast is another thing....Seattle, should be called the Seasonal Affect Disorder City of the World. I would like to move to Colombia to teach, and I was wondering if there is any city that has at least some sunshine throughout the year, but it isn't sweltering either? And maybe some jobs.....Thanks
spanglish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much...every city except Bogota has lots of sun and nice weather. If you can't handle sweltering, stay away from the coast. Other than that you could look to pretty much any city with over 100,000 people. Be aware of elevation when you research cities; there are lots of cold places in the mountains.

Manizales is a nice place, (very green with mountains and a relatively 'cultured' populace, kind of like Seattle!) but seems to be overcast much of the time (I'm from Seattle area, so I've got an idea of what you're talking about). Bucaramanga is one of my personal favorites and I love the weather there (think highs of 80-85 F); the people are also some of the friendliest, most down to earth in Colombia (the department is called Santander). Medellin is very popular with expats, so the job scene is quite a bit tougher, but it does have beautiful weather (highs of like 75 everyday), cultural stuff you'll find in a larger city, and the most developed infrastructure of any Colombian city. I've never been to Cali, but its fame speaks for itself and I've heard it has great weather (a bit on the hotter side).
G22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Medellin the climate there is really nice, Cali if you like it a bit warmer. The weather in Bogota is not nice, it rains a lot and it can be pretty cold at night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: