Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poznan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afowles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Poznan Reply with quote

Hi. I'm living in Czestochowa and am considering a move to Poznan.

What are the best places to look for work?

Thanks.

Aaron Fowles
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: some help Reply with quote

Good places to apply for in Poznan.Try the University UAM,The University Centre for Teaching English (Ul.Slowackiego 20) or the Academy of Economics.Why?Low hours guaranteed 12 month salary.This means you can work privately for Profilingua or one of the other 150 schools to bump up your money.The uni will also give you a room for free.Beware though Poznan is not cheap.I was there 2 weeks ago on holiday having lived there for four years in the mid to late nineties.All my friends there are constantly broke and none earn less than 4000zl/month.Poznan is set up for big business and this is reflected in the prices.A cheap hotel is about $40/night,beer ranges from 6-10 zloty/pint for the local stuff(pish,unless you're American,then it's fantastic),Whisky is about $6 a shot,a pizza costs about 20zl and clothes are generally western prices.Mobile phones cost the earth to run unless you have a contract!!I choose to work for oil companies who give me 3 months holiday a year.This means I can have a good time when I'm there.There's loads to do in Poznan and it's my favourite place in Poland but it's no fun on 3000zl/month as you can't afford to do much,especially with your expat friends who have better jobs.One word of warning though-in Poznan no-one will give a damn about you being foreign.There are just too many foreigners there!!No Starbucks yet though.
canukteacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little off topic. I am curious, where have your sourced out info. on
Oil companies. Are you simply contacting their HR depts.? or are there specific sites that cater to placing English Instructors with Oil companies.
Thanks in advance.
CT
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I worked in the Gulf for 3 years at Qatar Petroleum.Many of the e mail addresses I have I got from friends out there.However,there are some agencies which send people out to teach EFL for oil companies.Qatar Aeronautical College ([email protected]) subcontract teachers to Qatar Petroleum.Despite what people have written on the Qatar forum,it's ok,it's just a bit of a shock initially.Umm Al Jawaby supply teachers to the oil industry in Libya.If you want some other addresses send me a pm.I have addresses for Baku,Yemen,Algeria and Guinea.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biffers

Word was that you rejected EFL, the Devil and all their works. Supposedly you were now into Health and Safety or Cuddly Toys or Social Work or something pc.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biff has got his cowboy hat on these days. Hes in the oil patch.
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: erm... Reply with quote

Yep Scot,looked into health and safety courses but laziness got the better of me.Much easier to have a doss ,get home every nine weeks for 3 and contemplate life pretending to have a job while actually just keeping busy for most of my working day.Same same in Saudi at Aramco methinks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: