Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criminal Records Check

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Criminal Records Check Reply with quote

Hi all

After 5 1/2 years in sunny Krakow, I'm on my way out. So, question ...

If a prospective new employer (not in Poland) wants to check my (non)criminal past, what can I give them and where can i get it? I could arrange a CRB (criminal records bureau check) for my time back in England, but do the Polish police issue such things for foreigners, for the time spent here?

Cheers all
J.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not.

Just one more pain-in-the-ass piece of paperwork to get.
PierogiMonster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I'd agree with you and relish a trip to the local courts as much as a 3-hour Saturday morning Polish lesson on the dative case. However ...

All you need to do (I've since found out) is go to your local court (google up a list of district offices) and go to the window for KRAJOWY REJESTR KARNY (Eng.: National Crime Register). Fill in a very easy one-page form (using only your passport as ID), get the form stamped at another window for 50zł and return to the first window where someone will do a quick check on a database showing crimes commmitted in Poland (suppposedly) and, one minute later, you get your form back, all stamped and stamped again.

The only thing is, though, that they don't put any start date on the form - only 'today's' date. So it doesn't really say how long you've been a good boy (unless you can support it with old zameldowania docs - and that's no good for prospective foreign new employers).

Anyway, that's it. Simple, cheap - but how useful, I don't know.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierogiMonster wrote:
Normally I'd agree with you and relish a trip to the local courts as much as a 3-hour Saturday morning Polish lesson on the dative case. However ...

All you need to do (I've since found out) is go to your local court (google up a list of district offices) and go to the window for KRAJOWY REJESTR KARNY (Eng.: National Crime Register). Fill in a very easy one-page form (using only your passport as ID), get the form stamped at another window for 50zł and return to the first window where someone will do a quick check on a database showing crimes commmitted in Poland (suppposedly) and, one minute later, you get your form back, all stamped and stamped again.

The only thing is, though, that they don't put any start date on the form - only 'today's' date. So it doesn't really say how long you've been a good boy (unless you can support it with old zameldowania docs - and that's no good for prospective foreign new employers).

Anyway, that's it. Simple, cheap - but how useful, I don't know.

Thanks for this. I actually have to get one myself now to teach at a summer school. I'm glad it's relatively easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: