Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quickest/Easiest African nation to land an ESL job in?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eclectic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Quickest/Easiest African nation to land an ESL job in? Reply with quote

Would that be Morocco? Anybody??
doadz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on what kind of teacher you are, what type of school you want to work in, and what qualifications/experience you have. I think if you're an EFL professional it should be relatively easy to get a job in most African countries, but if you're just teaching to fund your travels, and have an extensive CV with one year here, one year there, you won't be taken so seriously. You'll find a job, but it may not be in such a nice school.
Hod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecelctic, you said elsewhere that you'd decided on Singapore, and you started a thread about a (nearly) hassle free Asian country. What's going on?
eclectic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOd, I like to know in case of extremem emergencies--i.e. NUCLEAR WAR-- where I could quickly and cheaply go with my wife to find something halfway decent (liveable) . YOu see, here in Korea the war has never really stopped you know. Now that the US has sunk a Korean ship and blamed it on North K, anything can happen! CHina and Russia are already investigating that possibility, its caklled a False Flag: have you read about the Gulf of Tonkin? Perfect example, as is 9-11.

Evacuation routes meander into different palces and 1 could find onesself in the middle of a US -run Evac route for US citizens in the middle of a war zone.

Good to always know where u can flee in a hurry rather doably/affordably.

Seriously. And Singapore/Malaysia area as well as Turkey, with a distant Africa, are the main places Im considering.

We had a SPECIAL air raid drill here yesterday, 1st of its kind sionce 1981, it was all over the internet and tv, etc.. Gas masks, you name it, the sirens went blaring for a while, and a few F-16s sonic-boomed over these apartnments here, scared the daylights out of a few hundred people around town here. Seems things is heatin up. Prepare for the worst. If it dont happen, you LOST NOTHING.

Last edited by eclectic on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Steinmann

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eclectic wrote:
Now that the US has sunk a Korean ship and blamed it on North K...

I name thee Troll!
eclectic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I name thee Troll!

Cowards easily accuse people of things. Words are free.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That South Korean ship was sunk by the USA ? Show me some evidence !
eclectic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncle scott, now that is a more high-minded retort than the rubbish of the previous post and I thank you for showing that maturity and respect for your fellow man.

I cannot show you any proof. That I admit. Yet nor can I show any proof of anything except what is currently in my hand before my eyes.

The best "proof" I can show you uncle scott is how the US has consistently over the past say 50 years staged false flag events--such as the Gulf of Tonkin baloney--to advance its hegemonistic global agenda. A whole slew of these events have been staged, and one must only look it up.

But this thread must remain focused on the OP, which is "Africa" related.

Would you say scott that Morocco is somewhat easier to get into than a place like Egypt or even Tunisia?
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow. I stumbled onto this thread in a (very) idle moment. I never actually considered that the US is actually trying to start the ultimate war (well, the far right wingers amonst them excepted). I must consider escape routes in the far North regions of the globe....
MichiganFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eclectic wrote:
Now that the US has sunk a Korean ship and blamed it on North K...

Please don't come to Rabat.
gibon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eclectic wrote:
I like to know in case of extremem emergencies--i.e. NUCLEAR WAR.... Prepare for the worst. If it dont happen, you LOST NOTHING.

Funny you should say that now...
http://miznah.blogspot.com/2009/06/baba-vanga-predictions-2010-5079.html
Zero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you joking? If a nuclear war breaks out, you actually think the ESL market in African countries will be business as usual? I think a nuclear war would be a bit more disruptive on a global scale than you give it credit for.
AdamtheJohnson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, is it Morocco or not?
bulgogiboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative and worthwhile thread this.

Hiding out from nuclear war in Africa is pure genius. Everyone knows that nothing happening globally ever affects Africa, and vice versa.

By the way: If Armageddon happens tomorrow, and the skies are full of avenging angels baying for the blood of unrepentant sinners such as myself, where would be a good place in Africa for me to hide out and teach TEFL? Just until it all blows over?
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eclectic wrote:
HOd, I like to know in case of extremem emergencies--i.e. NUCLEAR WAR-- where I could quickly and cheaply go with my wife to find something halfway decent (liveable) . YOu see, here in Korea the war has never really stopped you know. Now that the US has sunk a Korean ship and blamed it on North K, anything can happen! CHina and Russia are already investigating that possibility, its caklled a False Flag: have you read about the Gulf of Tonkin? Perfect example, as is 9-11.

Evacuation routes meander into different palces and 1 could find onesself in the middle of a US -run Evac route for US citizens in the middle of a war zone.

Good to always know where u can flee in a hurry rather doably/affordably.

Seriously. And Singapore/Malaysia area as well as Turkey, with a distant Africa, are the main places Im considering.

We had a SPECIAL air raid drill here yesterday, 1st of its kind sionce 1981, it was all over the internet and tv, etc.. Gas masks, you name it, the sirens went blaring for a while, and a few F-16s sonic-boomed over these apartnments here, scared the daylights out of a few hundred people around town here. Seems things is heatin up. Prepare for the worst. If it dont happen, you LOST NOTHING.

In the event of a Nuke war, you won't have to worry, nobody is going to care one bit about English, learning langauges or much else beyond daily survival (if possible).

Keep blaming the US for the worlds ills, funny, it's the US forces in S. Korea that keeps the North at bay and the US Food Aid that keeps even more N. Koreans from starving to death.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: