Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian school

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmy86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Italian school Reply with quote

Has anyone with a euro passport tried getting hired by an italian high school/middle school to teach english? Is there too much red tape to be hired as a civil servant there?
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hired (casually) as a lettrice, but if you want to be permanently employed, "di ruolo", you'll probably need to put your name down on the local list - the "graduatoria". I imagine that scuola media is easier to get jobs in than a liceo. The system runs on points, so those teachers with a longer work history get more points and more choice.

I've not gone this route because I don't want to teach full-time in any school, but as far as I know, there are few permanent jobs available. Many teachers work on a yearly rolling-contract basis.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: