Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Georgia with Reach to Teach or Footprints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eihpos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Georgia with Reach to Teach or Footprints Reply with quote

Hi,

I am thinking of applying for the program offered by Reach to Teach and was hoping to hear from anyone who has any experience of the program. Footprints seem to be doing the same thing.
I'm mostly wondering about the students, accommodation and money there is a monthly stipend of about $300 - enough to live on?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Dawn
WillTurnerinVanCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Georgia with Reach to Teach or Footprints Reply with quote

eihpos wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of applying for the program offered by Reach to Teach and was hoping to hear from anyone who has any experience of the program. Footprints seem to be doing the same thing.
I'm mostly wondering about the students, accommodation and money there is a monthly stipend of about $300 - enough to live on?

Thanks

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

My name is Will, and I work for Footprints Recruiting. I realize that I am biased, but if you like, one of our staff members is a former teacher of ours that we sent to Georgia, and if you would like to talk to him, I'd be happy to put you in touch.

If I'm not mistaken, we were one of the first recruiters for this particular program, so we've had a lot of this type of discussion here: http://www.footprintsrecruiting.com/forums/georgia-forum

Like I said though, I'm biased, so keep checking in on Dave's for other opinions.

-Will at Footprints
Sadebugo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Georgia with Reach to Teach or Footprints Reply with quote

eihpos wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Dawn

I've never worked for the program but I have worked/lived in Tbilisi. IMHO, it would be difficult to live on that amount in the capital even with the free housing/meals. Still, I do recommend coming to Georgia in some capacity as living there was the greatest experience of my life.

Sadebugo
cks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but they usually put them in a village somewhere and the amount of money is enough to survive on-but not enough to seriously travel throughout the country. I can write her a novel about the experience if she wants to send me a PM. It is very hard for an independent western woman to survive in this program. It is much easier for the men. I have volumes of stories of individual experiences.

How are you doing Sade! I miss our chats Smile
Sadebugo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cks wrote:
Yeah, but they usually put them in a village somewhere and the amount of money is enough to survive on-but not enough to seriously travel throughout the country. I can write her a novel about the experience if she wants to send me a PM. It is very hard for an independent western woman to survive in this program. It is much easier for the men. I have volumes of stories of individual experiences.

How are you doing Sade! I miss our chats Smile

Hey, CKS! I left FB due to technical problems but am still only an e-mail away. I'm back in Djibouti and have been here one month with five to go. Now, if you want to talk about a difficult existence, this is it! I can't teach sometimes for the baboons trying to pry open my classroom door! Anyway, I'm still missing Georgia despite its 'minor' flaws.

You don't happen to know any conservative Georgian woman you can introduce me to for the purposes of marriage, do you:)

Please keep in touch, Sadebugo
cks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I actually know millions of super conservative Georgian female virgins for you willing to be your personal slave; not sure if they are willing to shave anything though Smile
Sadebugo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cks wrote:
Yes I actually know millions of super conservative Georgian female virgins for you willing to be your personal slave; not sure if they are willing to shave anything though Smile

Ok! Let's get the ball rolling, but I will only consider those who'll agree to remain in their home village after marriage. After all, the best part of the impending nuptials for me will be the opportunity to live there.

Sadebugo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: