Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAYPAL ATM CASH WITHDRAWAL PROBLEMS IN BRAZIL AND OUTSIDE US

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPIVARA

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: PAYPAL ATM CASH WITHDRAWAL PROBLEMS IN BRAZIL AND OUTSIDE US Reply with quote

I have been an ebay member and a paypal member for about 10 years, and during the past years I have used my debit card to withdraw money that i transfer from my us bank account and recently my Social Security benefits.

although the card has been blocked at various times at the banco do brazil, hsbc, etc for example, when i called them- customer service- paypal, they would always unblock for me.

In have been living in brazil most of the time during the past 2 years and use it weekly to make cash withdrawals from my pay pal account, or to buy groceries, pharmacy, etc.

about 5 weeks ago, the card was blocked again, and the cust service said that the debit card is to use in the US and only for short periods while traveling. i explained that for years i have used in brazil, asia, middle east, europe and the states and no such policy. the lady said that the best she could say was for me to send an email to customer service each month, and tell them that i am still traveling in brazil, and to ask not to block it. I just sent such an e mail a few days ago, and finally received a response that they would keep it open until may 23 (2 weeks) and to enjoy my travels in brazil.

has anyone had this problem and know a way around it? paypal is the most reasonable way to get money in brazil from the states, that i know of and right now it seems threatened.
thanks,
CAPIVARA
CAPIVARA

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: I think that I solved the problem myself! Reply with quote

I did some reading on the net about my problem and found this link to an interesting site and addresses my problem with pay pal. http://www.wanderingearl.com/my-recent-experiences-with-paypal-award-wallet/
so I called paypal, and asked them to make a note that I am frequently traveling . this was noted and I ordered a security key, and as well in pay pal profile (login) noted my "active travel plans" - can be up to one year.
so i am answering my own original question above- and hope that these things help not getting "frozen" at the atm machine. Very Happy
CAPIVARA

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: check this out Reply with quote

quero sair fora deste sujeira
tucketj

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experineced that same problem (Paypal blocked). Phone calls usually do the trick, but this time I have asked for the notation of frequent traveler to be added as well as a note on the specifics cities they will see the card used..... Find out soon enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: