Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Censorship on other forums
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Tealit bogus?
yes
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
no
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Joe Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Why can't I join it? Reply with quote

taiwan boy wrote:
segue.com.tw is up and running again although it is temporarily using the name forumosa.com. Contrary to what Aristotle says segue is not a cmmercial site and has no plans to become commercial. It was formerly oriented.org but oriented then split in two parts. One of which, oriented.com is a commercial site while segue is a non-commercial site.

I visited the new link but there is no way to join in the forum. What gives?
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: registering at forumosa Reply with quote

To register for the forums at forumosa.com (formerly segue.com.tw) just click the link "register" at the top of the screen on the right hand side. Or follow this link http://forumosa.com/3/profile.php?mode=register
EOD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Why the Name Change? Reply with quote

It's a cute name but why. They, Segue.com, were making a reputation for themselves. It doesn't make a lot of sense.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Bad Luck Reply with quote

Perhaps they lost their domain rights, when their server kicked them out. Bad spell of luck, I hope it let's up soon.
EOD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Only Three? Reply with quote

Why are there only three other forums for Taiwan. Does anybody know any other forums for Taiwan?
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Only Three? Reply with quote

EOD wrote:
Why are there only three other forums for Taiwan. Does anybody know any other forums for Taiwan?

I don't think anyone has mentioned the forums at Taiwan Ho yet, although they are very quiet. I don't think more forums are necessary. Otherwise you just end up with only a small number of people in each forum and can't rely on a large group of people to participate. The more people participating the more expertise you can draw on and the higher the quality of the posts.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps too many forums would be a good thing. Both Tealit and Forumosa are heavily moderated and must be sensitive to local business sentiment to survive as commercial sites.
With more forums it would be impossible for any one person or group of people to censor another. A free for all, as it should be.
Here is another that is pretty good.
http://www.teachermania.com/
Here is another one I just found.
http://www.eflplanet.com/teachers/viewforum.php?f=65
EOD

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was banned from segue.com for updating my e-mail address. I contacted the administrator only to be told that it was my own fault. They don't have the balls to come out tell people that their criticisms of Taiwan's society and government policy are a little too solid and difficult to debunk. Instead they choose the cowards path. Instead of banning people outright they simply disable your profile. You cannot obtain a new profile without getting a new email address. In typical Taiwanese fashion they choose to ignore the reality that is Taiwan in favor of some idealistic, utopian democratic society that Taiwan never was or will be if they continue to ignore and deny their human rights abuses.

http://forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=8276
http://forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=7924
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: EOD not banned Reply with quote

Hey EOD, relax. You weren't banned. Please see this thread at forumosa.com explaining the situation. Just because some of the other posters disagree with what you're saying doesn't mean they will ban you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: