Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bang Ba Lae ( aka "Trot") music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bangbalae

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Bang Ba Lae ( aka "Trot") music Reply with quote

New to posting here, but have read this forum from time to time over the years.

I've seen discussion on this forum in the past about old Korean "trot" or "bangbalae" music.

For several years, I have been intending to get an old cassette tape of "bang ba lae" music transferred over to MP3 and to share it with others who appreciate Korean trot. It's from the late 1980's or maybe early 1990's, and I've had it since then when I bought it from a street vendor in Seoul on a trip there back then.

Well, I finally got around to it.

Next hurdle, where to upload it to share it. I have a basic idea of how to post something to YouTube, but I don't seem able to figure out how to do that with an audio-only file like an MP3 file. I'm not much into the digital age, so I'll admit to being challenged by the details of such things.

I considered DropBox and SendSpace, but simple uploads were not simple at these sites. They both prompted me to download their software applications, and that I don't usually do.

I'd like to share the music with anyone interested in hearing it. Any suggestions as to where to upload the MP3 files? (There are two, one for each side of the tape.) (Also, jpg file images of the cover and back of the cassette's jacket cover.) Anyone know how to upload an audio-only file to YouTube? I've seen some YouTube videos where the image is a single picture that remains the whole time the video is playing. Anyone know how to do that?

I'd prefer to upload them so they're available to the public. I don't want to email them to each person interested. Besides, my email account doesn't allow large files ( I think no larger than 2MB, and I think the MP3's I made are 30 MB each ).
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Bangbalae,

You might want to consider posting this on the "Technology Forum."

Regards,
John
Mamainak

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to PM you but since I didn't post 5 times yet I can't.

Anyway, Divshare is good Smile http://www.divshare.com/
Bangbalae

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Mamainak wrote:
I wanted to PM you but since I didn't post 5 times yet I can't.

Anyway, Divshare is good Smile http://www.divshare.com/

Thank you. I linked to it and bookmarked it. I'll look at it more closely later.

I'm traveling these next few days, so it may be a while before I get to it. I am eager still, however, to share this music with those who would appreciate it as I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: