Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idiomas Mundiales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harky32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Idiomas Mundiales Reply with quote

I�ve been working Idiomas Mundiales for the last 5 months and I�d like to recommend it to any teachers looking to work in Costa Rica, but especially to first year teachers like me. The owners are really helpful and basically have all the lesson plans and activities already done for us, so all I have to do is meet up with them once a week to go over them and talk about problems or issues Im having in class. This is my first year teaching and I can remember being freaked out by the thought of coming up with ideas each class and how I was going to teach a language, but Luke and Pat have helped ease me into teaching, showing me how to teach as well as giving me great activities every day. So much better than my roommates who are constantly stressed out about what they are going to do for their next class. I didn�t come down here to be stressed out. Working at Idiomas lets me relax and enjoy my days which was basically the idea when I chose Costa Rica.
tuanis mae

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work at Idiomas Mundiales and after many years of teaching and numerous schools, I think its the most teacher friendy school I've ever worked at. Ive written about these guys before in other posts, but yeah Luke and Pat do go out of their way to help the teachers out, and even an old dog like me couldn't complain about having lesson plans already done up if I wanted to use them. All the teachers I talked to were very happy there, and I can't remember any complaints. I had to move to a different city and change schools,which sucks, cause I miss what I had, but I recommend the school to any teacher looking for a relaxed friendly place to work.
travellust

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendation! I am moving to CR August 5th and will be doing the TEFL certification in Samara until September 2 and then looking for work. I will definitely check out Idiomas Mundiales. Is it necessary to speak both English and Spanish to find work?
prometheusg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you happen to know where this school is located? Would be nice to know if it's nearby. My wife and I are in San Jose looking for work.
harky32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have 3 schools. 1 is in Barva which is 5 minutes north of Heredia, 1 is in dowtown San Jose and another is in San Antonio de Belen. If you lived in Heredia you could be within 25 minute bus from all three. Heredia is a great place to live too. There are lots of english schools here and a quality bar scene cause of all the universities. All the amenities and conveniences of San Jose without all the crime and stink of San Jose.
foodie555

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the average pay at Idiomas Mundiales? I've also been in touch with Idioma Internacional, so I just would like to compare. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: