Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DD Dragon Shanghai
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
F-Tvl

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: DD Dragon Shanghai Reply with quote

Hello, I'm here to inquire this board's collective knowledge on the school DD Dragon (they may also be part of an agency called Dragon Recruiters).
I believe they are Taiwan based, but I have a job offer for their school in Shanghai.
Any personal experience or information involving this company would be greatly appreciated.
Some names associated with DD Dragon are Steven Molteno, Erica and Paul Gibson.

Thank you for your time.
tofit

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.

DD Dragon is actually one of the best organized schools I've worked for.
You might not have luck getting into the Shanghai school, its the best managed school by far because its managed by the owner.

The rural DD dragon schools are owned by Chinese people some who don't speak much English. Such was the case where I was. A friend of mine was required to work an extra 40 days to recieve his bonus at the end of the contract, and a months salary. I'm not sure how that worked, he was suppose to finish before spring festival but they made him hold out until after the vacation.

I've been around to many different schools since I've been here, and DD dragon was one of the best training schools I had. The Master lesson plan was well organized for the FT, and you could prepare your lesson in 15 minutes.
F-Tvl

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Very Happy
I hate to shamelessly bump my topic up a bit buuuut... Cool
HunanForeignGuy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear OP,

I am not 100% sure but you may wish to contact Babala on this Board. She may work for Dragon currently (and then again I may have the wrong company). If she does, you will find her very helpful for sure.

HFG
Babala

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not me Cool I'm with Web International
thehumanaught

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Working with DD Reply with quote

Hey, I worked at a DD franchise in Suzhou and agree with what was said above - it's super well organized. The Shanghai DD (as also mentioned) is managed by the founder/owner directly (he even does classes still! How's that for involved).

It was founded in Taiwan and by a Brit, so it has all sorts of quality over your standard Chinese-run language mill.

The only thing you need be careful about, particularly with the franchises is they're often not able to get visas for you - or at least not legit ones.
Jared

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they also have a location of DD Dragon English in Taizhou, Zhejiang. Does anyone know of that location? Well organized and such? Any comments at all about the Taizhou location? Thanks.
sahilsondhi

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Which schools in Guangzhou? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have just begun the process of applying to schools in China. As you can imagine I am a bit lost in terms of which schools/sites/recruiters are reliable. Everyone is cautioning me about mitigating risks since there seems to be a huge variance in how ESL teachers are treated once on the ground.

I have received a response from DD Dragon so far. Any feedback on this school?

Also, I see that Babala works at Web International- how are your experiences there?

Ideally though, I am interested in working in Guangzhou. Please feel free to encourage or discourage this inclination based on your knowledge and experience. I would appreciate any guidance anyone may have! Thank you all in advance.
eclipse12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any more recent information on this company? Are they a decent place to work for ?

They have some offers near hangzhou that I've been looking into.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
dantana

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have this same subject as I'm negotiating with "DD Dragon Dawn International" in Cangzou. Has anyone in here heard anything about them? They seem very legit and reasonable, but I'm just being cautious like the rest here. They sent me the first copy of the contract and it seemed too vague and repeating duties without naming them. I told them I wasn't interested and now the owner seems to tell me that she is very flexible to change. They told me this contact is not theirs and just a copy from Shangai DD Dragon chain school there but I still don't know. This seems to be the only information on this forum about this school so far, and it seems a good place to teach after what I've read here....especially the part about being well organized. Basically the contract seems shitty but the personnel and the organization there looks good.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
lucyjessica

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dantana,

Did you take a job with the school in Cangzhou? They are advertising now and I have been looking into a position there. Was wondering if could offer any advice?

Thank you Smile
ksmcqueen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: going to Cangzhou Reply with quote

I've accepted a position in Cangzhou and I'll be going there in April. Is anyone else there or nearby? I chose the Cangzhou DD school because they seem very well-organized, legit, and actually helped me get my Z visa rather than suggesting I come on a tourist visa like some other schools I spoke with did.
Diminishing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: going to Cangzhou Reply with quote

ksmcqueen wrote:
I've accepted a position in Cangzhou and I'll be going there in April. Is anyone else there or nearby? I chose the Cangzhou DD school because they seem very well-organized, legit, and actually helped me get my Z visa rather than suggesting I come on a tourist visa like some other schools I spoke with did.

Hey,

Just wondering how you're getting along over there? I see adverts for this school all over the place and little with regards to reviews. Cheers! Anyone else feel to chime in.

Regards,

Dim
Gonzofiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

I see a ton of advertisements for this place on here, I was just wondering if anyone is currently working there and can comment on how it's going. I did a search and there are a wide range of opinions so anyone with any fresh input would be a great help.

Thank you!

Gonzofiend
samhouston

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they have bumped the salary up a thousand to 9000rmb. When I was working there in 2008, I thought it wouldn't be a bad gig for 10k. Almost there. (Only one day off a week, which they don't tell you in the ad.) As with every job, and esp with these franchises, you can never tell if the job is going to be smooth or terrible until you get there because of the unknowns. Quality of housing, management, co-workers, roommates. Always a coin toss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: