Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

opera singer ... LF job

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: opera singer ... LF job Reply with quote

hello guys ,
my name is rodica i am a professional opera singer for past 10 years traveled the world singing and teaching canto techniques for mini of 8 years , I always had this dream of living at Egypt and i guess this is the time for me to step down of stage and have more quiet and peaceful life outside of fame and stage lights , I really wish to find a job in Alexandrian or Cairo or any other city of Egypt wich provide me with same level of life I have here or near it , I can teach music , theater or history in a professional level with my own/British/us/EU Curriculum for both music or theater or any other Curriculum if needed , if somebody interested or have any idea that can help please tell me , pm me for my complete cv Smile
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodica, we're English language teachers. I doubt anyone here hires opera singers....

Are you actually asking if anyone works at or knows of a school that might want to hire a music, theatre, or history teacher?

What language(s) can you teach in?

You also say 'same level of life I have here or near it,' but we have no idea where you live now.
rodica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello spiral78 ,
i was asking if there is somebody know a school that might hire music /theater teacher or even history .
i can teach in English , Italian fluent , or Moderate France / Spanish.
i meant by same level is not to be forced to work 7 days per week from 7am-6pm , i live in Romania /Bucharest right now and i will be moving to Alexandria within next few months what i mean by same level of living is i want to keep my Europe life style and have average income that allows me to have week or tow somewhere in holidays . do you think anybody can help me here to find a job there , i been looking for while now and it seems very hard to get anything .
rodica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to note too that i own teaching license to teach arts from conservatoire is that count ?
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if someone here might know a school you can apply to, but I think it is unlikely. Again, we're language teachers here - it's just not the same field.

Have you googled universities in the cities you mention and sent off your cv there?

I think it might be a problem for you with language - most schools that hire teachers for regular subjects will want you to teach in the local language: most likely Egyptian Arabic, I think (is that correct, o Egypt experts?).
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps justcolleen will pass through as she is our best "on the ground" person there. My only thought is that you may have a very difficult time maintaining an equivalent lifestyle. It will likely require doing extensive private lessons. Expect to take about a year to develop a network of privates.

VS
justcolleen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd asked this question prior to the revolution, I would have offered nothing but words of encouragement. Egyptians, as a whole, have a deep appreciation for music and there is a lively music scene - any type of music you can imagine - to be found there. It's quite possible that a credentialed music teacher could make a good living.

However, things change.

Now? My suggestion would be to WAIT. WAIT until after the elections, until things settle down, and until Egypt decides what it wants to be when it grows up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: