Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexharvey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Kos Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone have any info or experience of gaining a job teaching on the island of Kos? I have not found much in my search but I am interested in trying to teach there.
thanks!
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we to understand that you're from iowa (US)? If so, as a US citizen you won't be able to get legal work permits for Greece (or most of the rest of Western Europe) in any case. There are some older threads below on this topic - I'll bump them up.

In case you are from the UK, you've got a chance on Kos, though as you have already noted the market is very small. Most likely, you would not find anything from abroad, but would need to go there and job-search in person. Early September would likely be the best time to try.
lexharvey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
thanks for your reply-I am from the Isle Of Wight, UK Smile
yes I understand it's small market and most schools don't seem to have website. I was ideally hoping to have job lined up before going and I am also applying for work in Turkey too....will check out the bumped up topics, thanks!
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Isle of Wight - forgive me! It would be just like an Iowayan to leave off the last letter of his/her state, I'm afraid, so I made an assumption Embarassed

In general, it's not common to land a job anywhere in Western Europe from abroad - I hear Turkey is a bit different still.

I tried to find something useful to bump up, but the Greece forum is very quiet - most of the info is quite old, I'm afraid.

Good luck!
lexharvey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's ok Smile
yes, it seems easier to find jobs in Turkey from the UK, in the cities anyway. Was trying to find something in the aegean....I will probably stick with Istanbul and try my luck next year when i am more local and able to visit some places.
thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: