Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting a box from Mexico to the UK and USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary-Korea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Posting a box from Mexico to the UK and USA Reply with quote

Hi guys

I was wondering, does anyone know the best international postal service to use from Mexico? Is the regular postal trustworthy?

I need something as cheap as possible. I've looked on a couple of sites and I have been quoted over $70 to the UK for a small light box, which is ridiculous!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting a box from Mexico to the UK and USA Reply with quote

I have used the regular post with about the same rate of success as the postal system in the US. You can request a tracking number as well. I think the problem with the big companies is that they only offer super fast service, and that ends up being very expensive. The postal service does take longer, typically 10 days to 2 weeks from Mexico City to Chicago, so if you are not in a hurry that might be an option. However, if you are sending important papers, or something that can�t be replaced, I would suggest using UPS or FedEx.
Gary-Korea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been so helpful BadBeagleBad!

One last thing. Do you have any idea of the cost of the regular postal service?
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary-Korea wrote:
You have been so helpful BadBeagleBad!

One last thing. Do you have any idea of the cost of the regular postal service?

Roughly 10 pesos per 1/2 ounce, but it goes down once you get past a certain weight.
notamiss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look it up at the Postal Service website http://www.correosdemexico.com.mx/ServiciosEntrega/Paginas/ServiciosEntrega.aspx. On this site, you can enter the destination and the weight and size of the parcel to get precise information about prices.

I�ve found tracking numbers to be next to useless for international letters and parcels. This has been my experience for both mail going to Mexico and sent from Mexico. In either direction, the tracking number only yielded information while the mail was within the sending country. Once it crossed the border, there was no update to the tracking information, and no way to know where the item was until it arrived at the destination.

This being said, my experience with the mail service has been better than with any courier company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: