Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ecuador: EIL vs. InLingua

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jillyfishfoodie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Ecuador: EIL vs. InLingua Reply with quote

I have interviews set up with both EIL and InLingua in Quito. I'm anticipating offers from both and therefore trying to evaluate which would be a better workplace. I'm seeking feedback about both workplaces on:

-Curriculum: I know InLingua has a system, but does EIL provide lesson plans, etc.?
-Wages: Who pays more? Do they pay on time?
-Schedule: How many hours/week is normal? When are classes usually held? Are there breaks between class modules?
-Administration: Competent? Organized?
-Overall experience: Generally positive or generally negative? Other comments?

If anyone has experience with one or both of these employers and can give even a shred of insight regarding the above considerations, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
AGoodStory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try contacting Justin Trullinger ([email protected]) for info about EIL. He worked there until about a year and a half ago, or thereabouts, and ran their SIT TESOL program. Now in Korea. I don't know anyone at InLingua.
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are questions you really need to ask at the interview. Things change all the time (especially wages and hours). That's life in Ecuador I'm afraid, there is no such thing as standard.

Generally speaking they are both reasonably popular with teachers. The Inlingua system is OK, as such systems go, and the low wages are offset by heavily subsidised Spanish lessons. I would imagine EIL offer something similar.

I don't know anyone who has worked at either who has left primarily because they hated the school, the teaching system or the administration, though it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I do know people who were unable to get sufficient hours and had to pick up extra work elsewhere.

It all depends on the specific package you are offered, and you won't know that until after your interviews.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: