Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working in Surrathani

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtdot03

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Working in Surrathani Reply with quote

I was just wondering, has anyone taught in Surrathani.I hear it's not the nicest of towns but it's near to islands etc.I'm starting a job there on May 17.Also are there any Irish out there travelling at same time...i arrive in Bankok May 11.
jo3box3r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: suratani Reply with quote

Hey man, I had a girfriend that lives about 2 hours south of Suratani, its called Nakon Si Tamarat? something like that? haha. Nice place out there. Not too many Falang - but its very nice - you will enjoy. - It's one of my favourite places to go. Smile Have you go the job yet? what type of pay are they offering?
wtdot03

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joseph

By way i'm not a dude...well at leat last time i checked lol!! Laughing I got job thru Tefl.com and pay is 20,000 bhat.Starting may 17.
jo3box3r

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: sory abou thtat Reply with quote

haha.. sorry - haha. my appoligies. lol.. thats hilarious..
so how is things working out for ya?? i am so excited to get over seas man. its going to be amazing!.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: pretty low Reply with quote

Quote:
I got job thru Tefl.com and pay is 20,000 bhat [sic].

That's a pretty low salary even for Thailand. Sad

How many hours are you going to be teaching?
kid ehglish

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Working in Surrathani Reply with quote

wtdot03 wrote:
I was just wondering, has anyone taught in Surrathani.I hear it's not the nicest of towns but it's near to islands etc.I'm starting a job there on May 17.Also are there any Irish out there travelling at same time...i arrive in Bankok May 11.

Yes we have Irish, one is in jail and two more are good friends of mine. Surrat isn't bad although it appears so at first. True what you heard, there are lots of cool places close to here. PM me and I'll show you round eventhough I now live an hour south of there. Still have plenty of friends there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: