Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Positions Outside of Bohemia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Teaching Positions Outside of Bohemia Reply with quote

Hi-

I am noticing alot of posts that claim Prague is inundated with teachers. I am curious if there are more positions available in Moravia? I will be a newbie with a tesol and bachelors degree in communications. I am also an american with dual citizenship with Ireland.
Chris Westergaard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are jobs in Prague and in Moravia (a bit harder to find though) for Americans and especially for someone with an EU passport. Just remember to enter into the country with your Irish passport and you'll be fine.

One thing though - most schools worth their salt are going to want to interview you and have you do a demo lesson. Your chances of finding good work greatly improves if you are meet with the schools in person.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prague has a lot of teachers because it has a lot of teacher training centres, and many of the newly-certified teachers from them stay around in the city/country for a while.

This means that a CELTA or equivalent (100 plus hour on-site certification) is really needed to be competitive on the market here.

I'll add to Chris' post that a good certification also greatly improves your chances of finding work.

Also, be aware that jobs aren't usually found from abroad - you will need to be here to interview in person and carry out that demo lesson before most schools will consider you.
gwynnie86

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think Prague is as "inundated" with teachers as people make out. From the 30 people on my TEFL programme this month, only four or five of us have actively been seeking work. So far, everywhere that I've interviewed has been interested, although my EU status probably helps that a lot. If you come now, you're at peak hiring time. There are loads of language schools in Prague, too... so the fact that there's more competition doesn't always mean there are less places available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: