Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone vouch for this place??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General North America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rachelsnyder129

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Can anyone vouch for this place?? Reply with quote

I'd like to get my crc apostilled through this company http://www.uslegalization.com/
Has anyone used them, heard of them, had a good experience with them??
Thanks!
Rachel
shotten99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall while getting married to a non-American citizen, apostilles must come from your state's Secretary of State. It's basically a state to federal level notary. I wouldn't trust anyone else to do it.
rachelsnyder129

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the Korean Government is switching over to federal apostilles now for folks who are coming over from the US. I was just going to take my to our Oregon Secretary of State, but I have had several recruiters who strongly recommended against it. The Spring 2012 EPIK term will only be taking federal apostilles and hagwons are going to follow suit, from what they've told me.
Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it; please let me know if you hear anything else!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, Authentication of American Academic Credentials for Use Abroad:
(Source: http://travel.state.gov/law/judicial/judicial_5188.html)

Colleges, Universities and Other Post-Secondary Institutions

1) Obtain from the registrar of the University an official true copy of the credentials. The registrar should then execute an affidavit attesting to the validity of the document before a notary public in the registrar's office or elsewhere at the university. Frequently the business offices of colleges and universities have notaries public.

2) Take the document, with the notarial certificate to the state Notary Public Administrator for authentication. If the country where the document will be used is a party to the Hague Apostille Convention, the state Notary Public Administrator will affix an Apostille certificate and no further authentication is necessary. See the Hague Conference on Private International Law Apostille Page for a current list of countries party to the treaty. The treaty is in force many countries throughout the world.

3) If the country is not a party to the Hague Apostille Convention, the state Notary Public Administrator will affix a state authentication certificate. You should then send the document to the Authentications Office of the Department of State, following the instruction on that office�s web page.

4) If necessary, obtain authentication of the U.S. Department of State seal at the foreign embassy in Washington, D.C. The embassy in Washington, DC of the country in which the document is to be used can tell you if this is required.
rachelsnyder129

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, but I am getting my CRC (criminal record check) apostilled, not my degree.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just PM'd you with the Korea jobs forum link. Good luck!
rachelsnyder129

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thank you!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General North America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: