Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CELTA training offered in Vietnam?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RowanM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: CELTA training offered in Vietnam? Reply with quote

I have an English degree and practically no experience. I want to be a good teacher and money is always good. It would be fantastic if I could take a CELTA or TEFL course or some equivalent while teaching in Vietnam so that I could upgrade my qualifications. Is CELTA or TEFL training offered in Vietnam? How much will it cost me? What certification is the most respected in Vietnam?
tiggerpoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: CELTA Reply with quote

RMIT International University Vietnam on 21 Pham Ngoc Thach, District 3, HCMC offers CELTA 4 times a year. They use to offer it 6 times a year but have just recently reduced it. At the moment they are not running a course but i suppose they will commence one in the near future. The teachers are highly qualified and have certified some excellent teachers. They only run full-time courses. At the moment they are the only ones offering CELTA in Vietnam. The cost 1400 USD.
tiggerpoo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

Sorry... let me make a correction. There is a CELTA course offered in Hanoi at Language Link. It is offered at least 6 times a year and the cost is around 1000-1100 USD.
nicdoering

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: RMIT CELTA Reply with quote

I took the CELTA at RMIT in Ho Chi Minh City in February and would highly recommend it. Inspirational tutors, good students, and a great campus to boot.

www.rmit.edu.vn
gjan45

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Those without Celta....... Reply with quote

What about those of us that plan to go in Mid to late August in Vietnam and have no CELTA? I have two years of ESL experience in China plus a Bachelor Degree. I plan to be in Hanoi between Mid/late August to early September. is this a good time or bad time to go? When does school begin in Vietnam?
Aramas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIT seems to be down to 3 times a year. Either they just updated their website or I was drunk last time I was there, but after the May course there's nothing until November.

I guess I can survive another 5 months or so of watching my bank balance climb Smile
Bruce

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: TEFL International Ho Chi Minh Reply with quote

TEFL International now offers their TESOL Certificate course in Saigon for a special discount of $1,290 INCLUDING PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION! www.teflintl.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Micro67

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: CELTA Reply with quote

tiggerpoo wrote:
RMIT International University Vietnam on 21 Pham Ngoc Thach, District 3, HCMC offers CELTA 4 times a year. They use to offer it 6 times a year but have just recently reduced it. At the moment they are not running a course but i suppose they will commence one in the near future. The teachers are highly qualified and have certified some excellent teachers. They only run full-time courses. At the moment they are the only ones offering CELTA in Vietnam. The cost 1400 USD.

The web site is http://www.rmit.edu.vn/public/asp/OurPrograms.asp?id=42
tiggerpoo

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramas wrote:
RMIT seems to be down to 3 times a year. Either they just updated their website or I was drunk last time I was there, but after the May course there's nothing until November.

I guess I can survive another 5 months or so of watching my bank balance climb Smile

FYI: A CELTA course begins May 17 2004. I don't know if it's full or whether you can still join.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: