Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best cities/areas to job hunt other than the big cities?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne1523

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Best cities/areas to job hunt other than the big cities? Reply with quote

When I come to Taiwan in 3 or 4 months and go all over the island trying to find a job in places that are NOT situated in Taipei, Taichung, or Kaohsiung, but would offer decently convenient transportation to visit those on days where I don't work, where would they be? Which cities/areas have relatively better opportunities and are relatively offering more jobs? I talked to one of the posters on this board that said, in spite of everyone claiming that finding work is so hard in Taiwan, alot of it is due to the fact that many people want to be placed right in the heart of the big cities, when there are plenty of jobs to be had in the outskirts (sometimes not even that far away from the cities).

So, where to job hunt? Thanks =)
JoelTeacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love to hear about this as well
Dr_Zoidberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Maps is your friend. Not only will you find the outlying towns, but it will also tell you which buses you can take. Last, but by no means least, you can find the elementary schools on their maps - buxibans are always nearby.
newdayrising

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest Hsinchu, Taoyuan, or Tainan.
creztor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Green Island Wink
steve_c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Best cities/areas to job hunt other than the big cities? Reply with quote

wayne1523 wrote:
When I come to Taiwan in 3 or 4 months and go all over the island trying to find a job in places that are NOT situated in Taipei, Taichung, or Kaohsiung, but would offer decently convenient transportation to visit those on days where I don't work, where would they be? Which cities/areas have relatively better opportunities and are relatively offering more jobs? I talked to one of the posters on this board that said, in spite of everyone claiming that finding work is so hard in Taiwan, alot of it is due to the fact that many people want to be placed right in the heart of the big cities, when there are plenty of jobs to be had in the outskirts (sometimes not even that far away from the cities).

So, where to job hunt? Thanks =)

Three and half years ago I landed in Taipei, spent 2 weeks there applying and going on interviews, then, on a lark, applied at a school in Taoyuan. I'm still at that school and haven't regretted it. Taoyuan is industrial and not that exciting, but I've made lots of local friends so my life is fine. Plus, Taipei is only about 30-40 minutes away by bus or train. Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: