Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Y-G Experts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnRambo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Y-G Experts Reply with quote

Have you heard of YG Experts. I recently saw this ad on Dave's for them.
What can you tell me about them?

http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=24022
crimsonwhite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by crimsonwhite on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoubleDare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also interested in their job posting. I can't even find an address for them so I doubt they are legit though.
crimsonwhite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by crimsonwhite on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
crimsonwhite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by crimsonwhite on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
twoeyedfreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: @ crimsonwhite Reply with quote

Crimsonwhite, I have a question for you if you don't mind. What was the process like with them? I'm interested in the position and have applied. I also corresponded with Maria and she said I will be hearing back on last Sunday or Monday if they make an offer. I emailed her yesterday (Monday) night to check on the status. She has yet to reply. Am I safe to assume they are not interested?

I really was interested in the position. Confused
JoelTeacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

similar here, looks like a lot of work but the benefits are hard to pass up..
Asurai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoelTeacher wrote:
similar here, looks like a lot of work but the benefits are hard to pass up..

True, but its somewhat expected as they are asking for Certified teacher as other have pointed out
charlescastle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Response needed about YG experts Reply with quote

How are things going with YG experts? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a job with them myself. They are paying my airfare over there, and they offered a decent salary for the area. I have been talking to Maria, and she has answered all of my questions, but I still have some reservations about the company and whether or not it is completely legit.

Any information on this recruiter would be helpful. Thanks.

Taiwan newbie.
crimsonwhite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by crimsonwhite on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
charlescastle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I will be coming to Taipei in December. I was able to get them to pay for my ticket up front, but I will have to pay the ticket that you have to buy showing you will be leaving (refundable)....I priced a ticket to HK for aroudn 380 USD.

I will be working in the Linkhou district. Doing the same program you are doing, i guess. The hours seem long on the two days, but the rest of the week seems fairly easy.

Im glad everything is going well for you, any pointers you have would be greatly appreciated. I am still trying to decide whether a car or scooter is the way to go, cell phone service, and well, housing too.

Thanks,

Charlie
charlescastle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Update on YG experts Reply with quote

Ok...I am literally just a few days from departing for Taipei when I get an email from Maria asking if I can delay my arrival by what I see as a trivial 2 days? I will be arriving in Taipei on the 14th....she tells me in an email that this date is not good, and if I can call the airline and change the date....

Never mind that it is only a couple of days, I just paid over 1100 USD for this ticket, and I have already come under the impression that YG is not running on all its cylinders, but I politely respond that it is not an easy process to change this ticket, not to mention that moving it back any further would double the cost because it is closer to Christmas....ticket on the 16th I priced at 2300 USD.

I do not hear back from her right away, but I think, why not be a good sport and you can check into a hostel for a couple of days and just meet up on Friday if that works best for them...I sent another email asking some questions about the job (dress code, etc) so that I could start packing.

I get an email tonight telling me that yes, coming on the 14th would be a problem and that they had not submitted my work permits, blah, blah, blah....and now, Maria suggests that perhaps I should look at moving it to the 2nd of January.

I cant believe how much this company is expecting me to sacrifice because they do not seem to have their act together. And forget the hassle, and inconvenience of changing everything a couple of days before I leave. Do they not understand the difficulty I am already going through getting my own affairs ready to be gone for an entire year? I am out 1K dollars, but I am seriously considering swallowing the loss rather than working for this inept company...Someone, please tell me if this company is legitimate, or if I should be running away from this position while I still can.

I am not a difficult person to please. I have tried to be as accommodating as possible, but I have really had enough of this already.
creztor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why you avoid recruiters, but you could have had the same problem with any employer. This is Taiwan...
itchy_toes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimsonwhite, would you be willing to pm me? I don't have the number of requisite posts on this forum to be able to pm anyone.

I am just starting to correspond with Maria and was hoping to get more information about the program. She said the program starts Jan. 2nd and can I get there by then? I don't actually see that happening as I have a home, a young child and a cat to coordinate, but I can always give it a try.
twoeyedfreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been with one of the Wonderland schools they recruit for for nearly a year now. If you'd like some info, PM me.

Last edited by twoeyedfreak on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: