Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progressive School of English

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heather11211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Progressive School of English Reply with quote

Hi! Does anybody here know anything about the Progressive School of English? I am interested in teaching English in Poland and it seems like there are just so many different options. I'm sure that some schools are terrible and some are great, and most are somewhere in the middle. I've sent my information to a couple of different places just to see what their requirements are and what my options might be. The Progressive School is one that I'm interviewing with.

I have never been to Poland, but I really want to become better at speaking the Polish language. I've been studying only a year, but I feel like moving there is the only way I'll ever really learn the way that I'd like to. I realize that I am probably naive about the whole process. I've really just been reading as much as I can about it, and reading all of the old posts from this forum.

For those of you who have learned Polish, do you feel like I might benefit more from studying Polish another year before moving to Poland? I guess it's probably hard to say, since everyone learns so differently. I appreciate any advice that you have to offer, and I'm sure I'll have more specific questions down the road.

Thanks!
Heather
Richfilth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive not heard anything about the school itself, but Rybnik is a small city at the coal-mining end of Poland, so don't expect a hugely buzzing nightlife. As for Progressive, they use the Avalon Direct English method, which means that you probably won't need any teaching qualifications to work there, which can be a bonus, but later employers won't think much of it on your CV when you leave.

As for learning Polish, yes, it's frighteningly difficult but you'll only develop it if you get the chance to use it regularly. Life in a small town can be gloomy with no Polish, but if you've got a few basics the locals will help you rapidly advance, so it might not be so dull after all.
Mike E

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather, did you wind up teaching at Progressive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: