Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Department of Education: the latest Nigerian scam, evidently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Gavoni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Department of Education: the latest Nigerian scam, evidently Reply with quote

Their English is getting better and better. Take a look at this email I just received - twice:

Quote:
Department for Education
Castle View House East Lane
Runcorn Cheshire WA7 2GJ England
Tel:+447024027669 Fax:+448447742219

EMPLOYMENT ADVERTISEMENT

A newly established school located in London, England is looking for Esl/English Teachers and Supervisors for immediate Employment.
Duration of Employment: 1 YEAR (Renewable).
Duty: Teaching English to Age groups ranging from elementary to middle school students (30~40 students/a class)
Monthly Salary: �3750British Pounds per month (Tax Free).
Overtime: �50British Pounds per hour.
Severance payment: �3750British Pounds will be paid upon completion of the 1 year contract.
Visa/Transportation: Employer will provide free Visa and Free 2 ways economy class Air ticket.
Weekly Feeding Allowance: �250British Pounds Weekly Feeding Allowance will be provided by Employer.
Working Hours: 6 hours Daily [9:00am to 3:00pm] 12pm-1pm Break Time. [Monday and ends on Friday].
Holiday: Every Saturday and Sunday including all National Holidays.
Employee will receive 1 month paid vacation on top of the already stipulated holidays (national holidays and Saturdays and Sundays).
Housing: Employer will provide a rent free furnished 2bed room Apartment within the school premises with basic household necessities including Furniture, Curtains, bed, bedding, sheets, desk, closet, table, dining set, VCR, TV, washing machine, clothes rack, pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, phone, internet access, fridge, stove, fan or AC, and a working heating system etc.
Health Insurance: 100% Hospital bill will be paid by Employer, Excluding Chronic Disease.
Pension: 100% will be provided by Employer.
Interested applicants are advised to submit his/her valid CV/RESUME with full names,certificates,mobile phone numbers through email or Fax:00448447743109.
For details and Interview, Call :00447024027662
N/B:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
I wait for your quick response.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Nick Gibb MP
Minister of State for Schools

Fee fi fo fam, I smell the stink of a big fat scam...

I just wonder how it's played out. Perhaps I should apply with a bogus CV. Will let you know in case.
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww. You mean it's not real??!!

Yes, let's see where the hook comes. It would be fun to cook up a fake CV. Be sure it's from some nationality that hasn't a prayer of working legally in the UK anyway (USA, probably) and from someone with a CELTA or less. Cool
Mr Gavoni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Awww. You mean it's not real??!!

Yes, let's see where the hook comes. It would be fun to cook up a fake CV. Be sure it's from some nationality that hasn't a prayer of working legally in the UK anyway (USA, probably) and from someone with a CELTA or less. Cool

I applied with a CV of an octogenarian from Louisiana, named Papa Roacher XV, whose experience consisted in teaching his grandson how to swear in Cajun and whose education was achieved through the occupation of a Nazi school during WWII.

They replied, and said that after careful scrutiny, my application had been accepted.

They urged me to reply to their email to confirm, and I did (in Cajun), but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I guess they're wising up and figured out that the CV is a little suspicious.
artemisia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Weekly Feeding Allowance: �250British Pounds Weekly Feeding Allowance will be provided by Employer.

250? Hmmm. Perhaps you could also do a follow up email to let them know that not just any old slop slapped down on the table will do. We Teflers have Feeding Standards!!
scot47

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The allowance is for feeding your pets of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: