Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting Cats From Brazil to the UK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albulbul

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Exporting Cats From Brazil to the UK Reply with quote

The strangely-pseudonymed GaryWolf is concerned about the bureaucracy involved in moving felines from Brazil to the Home Counties.

Insead of posting an inquiry here, or following one of the many threads previously posted here, he has hijacked a post on political and social change in Poland.

Will someone with experience in this tell him/her/it :

1. How to do this

2. How much it will cost
grahamb

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Something to annoy the cat lovers out there. Reply with quote

Put them down and have done with it, I say.
GaryWolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Albulbul

Thanks for your concern. I thought this site was all about ESL (Dave’s ESL Caf�). Why do you think I made the comment about Glen? Any way, thanks for opening this post for Glen, he said thanks.

grahamb

After discussing with Glen about his euthanasia, he decided against it.

By the way, if anyone has any experience of taking pets back to the UK, please leave a message here at this post.

Much appreciated

Glen the samba cat
scot47

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: cuanta costa Reply with quote

I think when you look into this you willl find it an extremely expensive business. On top of the (negligible) cost for the air passage for the feline you will have to pay for its board and lodging while in quarantine.

I cannot imagine that you have accumulated a great deal in Brazil, and you will need your capital to start this Business English School you are going to open in Hackney.
Will.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more than one way' to skin a cat' Scot!
It could be a big one, and we all know he'll need an awfully big 'kitty' to set that school up. I really shouldn't 'let the cat out of the bag' though should I? that could 'set the cat among the pigeons'. I shouldn't 'pussyfoot aroud' Wolfie, this is no 'cat and mouse game' with importing animals. six months quarantine in the 'cat-house' for the fuzzball and on medication too. He'll not be 'cat-napping', he'll be catatonic most of the time. no hot tin roof for this moggy, no nights on the tiles.
Leave it behind it will soon find another nice, kind and gullible person to feed it. Give to another teacher or a friend. It is just 'not needed on voyage' you know, just excess kit.
GaryWolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for your replies. I would leave the cat behind for another gullible person, but no one wants to take him on. Never mind, I’ll find someone before I return to the UK. I won’t take him OK. The problem is that Glen doesn’t want to adopt anyone else.

Well, thanks for the replies and advice boys, I have listened and acted.

GaryWolf
GaryWolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for your replies. I would leave the cat behind for another gullible person, but no one wants to take him on. Never mind, I’ll find someone before I return to the UK. I won’t take him OK. The problem is that Glen doesn’t want to adopt anyone else.

Scot, I don't understand the relevance of Hackney. Can you explain please? I know it will be negative.

GaryWolf
GaryWolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scot, I don't understand the relevance of Hackney. Can you explain please? I think it will be negative.

GaryWolf
SueH

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryWolf wrote:
Scot, I don't understand the relevance of Hackney. Can you explain please? I think it will be negative.

heh heh, you're learning
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackney ? I was being humourous. It is a rather unlikely venue for a langiage school. I could have said Barnsley or Dundee or Merthyr Tydfil.

You have been in the Matto Grosso for too long. And spent too long talking with that familiar of yours.
GaryWolf

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scot

I understand the comment now Scot. No need to be offensive about my hometown of Barnsley. Oh! Mato has one ‘t’. Just out of interest Scot, which school did you fail your exams at in Hackney? I'll bet you miss the old place hey.

GaryWolf
scot47

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Spelling ! Scot47 must do better ! Reply with quote

Mato Grosso ? Not Matto Grosso ?

So it goes. I was never at school in Hackney. North of Tweed and Solway was always my territory.

So what did you gain from 7 years in Brazil ? Apart from a cat and the desire to return to Cool Britannia.
dmb

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Hackney ? I was being humourous. It is a rather unlikely venue for a langiage school. I could have said Barnsley or Dundee or Merthyr Tydfil.

You have been in the Matto Grosso for too long. And spent too long talking with that familiar of yours.

Dundee would be a good place for a school. A large market on the doorstep
Afra

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did it change from Matto Grosso to Mato Grosso?
scot47

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afra

Mato or Matto ?

Ask GaryWolf. He spent seven years in Brazil. But be careful - he is an EXPERT in Clinical Pychology and will analyse your every move !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: