Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zayed U is Hiring Lots of College of Ed Jobs...Any idea why?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Zayed U is Hiring Lots of College of Ed Jobs...Any idea why? Reply with quote

ZU has just posted what looks to be all of their Education faculty positions. Does anyone have any news about ZU expecting to recruit a large number of new B.Ed. students?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mish... long time no see in this neighborhood... Cool

I hope it doesn't mean that they fired that whole faculty and need to replace them.

Makes you wonder if HCT's program is... um... changing?

VS
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I lurk on here now and again, VS! Well, I do know AD Women's didn't have a BEd 1 intake this year. There just wasn't interest. This could be in part because ADEC hasn't been hiring Emirati graduates in the last few years. So much for Emiratisation! But I haven't gotten wind of any firings in ZU. I am wondering, like you, if they're poised to take on students from another institution, though.
Eisenhorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they may be expecting a larger intake of Bed students, but my sources at ZU have told me that nothing much is going on. Maybe they are out of the loop, who knows.

I will say having looked at the positions, ZU is requiring Phd's in all positions offered.
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Eisenhorn. That would exclude most HCT faculty and those from any other institutions.
Imdramayu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: PhDs in the Gulf Reply with quote

How serious is ZU Ed faculty hirers to only hire PhDs? How many PhDs are there in the Gulf? There can't enough. If you were a PhD, would you take the job?

Im
It's Scary!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: PhDs in the Gulf Reply with quote

Imdramayu wrote:
How serious is ZU Ed faculty hirers to only hire PhDs? How many PhDs are there in the Gulf? There can't enough. If you were a PhD, would you take the job?

Im

Most certainly!

It's an institution that treats its staff with dignity!
diodeone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: PhDs in the Gulf Reply with quote

It's Scary! wrote:
Imdramayu wrote:

Im

Most certainly!

It's an institution that treats its staff with dignity!

They appear now to be advertising on the Chronicle of Higher Ed

http://chronicle.com/jobs/0000709244-01
Anna Dubaya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they did not renew contracts for a number of people because of a new dean cleaning house.
I believe they are genuinely looking for people with an Ed D or a Ph D, because most of their faculty have that.
Vancouver Vic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZU has always been regarded as a great place to work unlike HCT but they have always required PhDs whereas HCT requires a master's degree only.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the PhDs are required for content courses, not TEFL... at least my friends who teach there only have MAs. (the linked ad was for content courses)

VS
diodeone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
I believe that the PhDs are required for content courses, not TEFL... at least my friends who teach there only have MAs. (the linked ad was for content courses)

VS

My apologies. Sorry for the confusion. The link was in response to the initial inquiry:

mishmumkin wrote:
ZU has just posted what looks to be all of their Education faculty positions. Does anyone have any news about ZU expecting to recruit a large number of new B.Ed. students?

Had he said TEFL faculty positions I would not have included the link
Dominic-Pax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:

VS

They have a person with an MA on their faculty.
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious what is happening with the hiring there now. I made an inquiry and sent my cv but no reply in the last month - not even confirmation that they received my e-mails (the second one was asking for confirmation that they received my CV).

Are they just too buys to respond - anyone here that may be in the know on what's going on at ZU. Thanks.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, many (most?) employers do not respond unless you are being considered... nor do they tell you don't make the cut. I am surprised that ZU is one of those, but I suspect that they are being buried in applications now that people are avoiding HCT, so they just may not be able to do so.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: