Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realistically, what are my chances?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Realistically, what are my chances? Reply with quote

EFLeducator wrote:
Prof.Gringo wrote:
pay is bad to begin with in Mexico

It is. There seems to be very few EFL jobs in Mexico City for example that pay good. Crying or Very sad

The secret to Mexico City is this: Find a place to live & a job within easy walking distance of the Metro (subway) system as it is the only thing that is both fast & dependable in Mexico City (trust me, the first time you have to catch a bus during morning rush hour and you have to literally hang out the door, holding on with one hand, trying to keep from falling out/off the bus and being either seriously hurt or killed, you will know what I mean... Shocked ).

Mexico City is a nightmare when it comes to gridlock. It makes NYC look tame in comparison. Twisted Evil
EFLeducator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Realistically, what are my chances? Reply with quote

Prof.Gringo wrote:
The secret to Mexico City is this: Find a place to live & a job within easy walking distance of the Metro (subway) system as it is the only thing that is both fast & dependable in Mexico City (trust me, the first time you have to catch a bus during morning rush hour and you have to literally hang out the door, holding on with one hand, trying to keep from falling out/off the bus and being either seriously hurt or killed, you will know what I mean... Shocked ).

I've seen people hanging out of the door and on the outside of the back of a bus many times in Mexico City. Looks too dangerous for my blood. I always stayed with the beautiful metrobus. Those old green microbuses always looked dangerous with no headlights at night and the drivers acting like they had no training at all.

Stick with the subway and the metrobus. BOTH are GREAT sources of transportation and neither is affected by the traffic. Very Happy
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Realistically, what are my chances? Reply with quote

EFLeducator wrote:
Prof.Gringo wrote:

I've seen people hanging out of the door and on the outside of the back of a bus many times in Mexico City. Looks too dangerous for my blood. I always stayed with the beautiful metrobus. Those old green microbuses always looked dangerous with no headlights at night and the drivers acting like they had no training at all.

Stick with the subway and the metrobus. BOTH are GREAT sources of transportation and neither is affected by the traffic. Very Happy

Yeah, they are just as full as the private buses and you also got to be careful you don�t get pick-pocketed. Women can also add to that fear of being touched and molested as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: