Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is why I am going to emigrate ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC Parrot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: ha ha Reply with quote

sharter wrote:
Looks like we're all in the same boat then.

And what a boat the good ship TEFL is ...

A cave man's coracle looks the more seaworthy of the two ..
Seeker31

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Seeker31 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seeker31

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit
ancient_dweller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slapntickle wrote:
Can't you just name and shame this nasty sweat shop that masquerades as a language school?

And on the subject of getting out of the UK and emigrating to sunnier climes: Make sure you DON'T fall in love with a maiden from another country because 'Only the Rich Can Fall in Love in Cameron's Britain'. Here's why:

A speech from David Cameron last month saw him demand information on raising the minimum income level for those sponsoring family members coming to join them in the UK. This applies to residents � people who have come to the UK from another country and earned the right to stay � but it also applies to British citizens, who might meet someone overseas and fall in love with them.
The Migration Advisory Committee did the sums and announced this morning that the salary would need to be somewhere between �18,700 and �25,700. It will almost certainly be accepted and implemented. That means half the working population of Britain are about to lose the right to fall in love with someone overseas and bring them home to live together. Only the rich can fall in love on holiday. Only the rich are allowed to live with the person they love. The poor must be apart, or leave their own country.

Hmmmm . . . a salary of between �18,700 and �25,700. This means that most TEFL teachers working in the UK, if they are lucky enough to have a job, will be unable to bring the girl(or boy) they love back Home and live happily ever after just like the Prince and Princess in those old fairy tales . . .

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/talking-politics/only-rich-fall-love-cameron-britain-115946600.html

it will also almost certainly challenged in court as soon as the first person is rejected on this ground. nonsense really.
ancient_dweller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sharter
I married a Pole and I don't get free stuff there, so why should we do it in the UK?

are you british or American? If you are an American then your Polish wife can take you to Britain for free to live on account of the freedom of movement directive.

by the way - the latter point about minimum wages would not apply to non-EU family members of EU citizens moving to Britain. Who incidentally get better rights than non-EU family members of GB citizens and no visa fees and the best part - it cannot be refused.
sharter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

I'm British, she's Polish. Poland's one of the meanest countries for social welfare/benefits in Europe I'd say. The UK on the other hand is one of the most generous. Along with the public sector pensions it's no wonder we've gone skint. Cheers Tony........you *beep*.

It used to be that in the private sector you earned a bit more but had a less secure career; that was the trade off. Work in the public sector now and you get ok money, a safer career or a big redundancy hand out and a big pension.....what was the logic behind that? It's always easy to spend other people's money, especially on your traditional voters.

I don't want to work in Britain ever again.
Muhammed Abbas Khan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/ Reply with quote

sharter wrote:
I'm not a racist, I was married to a foreigner and my son has a foreign passport. Question any UK minority and the pc brigade start throwing darts. I always paid for my wife when she was in the UK and that was before Poland was in the EU.

I just don't want ideologies like nazism, fascism, communism and the one that makes people blow themselves up on tubes becoming prevalent in the UK. Is it wrong to voice that opinion?

'Take not Jews and Christians as friends' is a direct quote from their book, which is the word of Allah.

Dear Sharter,
It is interesting that you are quoting from the Quran. However, you have misunderstood Islam if you think that blowing yourself up on the tube is from Islam. Please check out the website: http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/

Regards,

Muhammed Abbas Khan
Steinmann

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/ Reply with quote

Muhammed Abbas Khan wrote:
sharter wrote:
I'm not a racist, I was married to a foreigner and my son has a foreign passport. Question any UK minority and the pc brigade start throwing darts. I always paid for my wife when she was in the UK and that was before Poland was in the EU.

I just don't want ideologies like nazism, fascism, communism and the one that makes people blow themselves up on tubes becoming prevalent in the UK. Is it wrong to voice that opinion?

'Take not Jews and Christians as friends' is a direct quote from their book, which is the word of Allah.

Dear Sharter,
It is interesting that you are quoting from the Quran. However, you have misunderstood Islam if you think that blowing yourself up on the tube is from Islam. Please check out the website: http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/

Regards,

Muhammed Abbas Khan

...and yesterday I viewed the following on youtube. I've been thinking about it since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9rofXQl6w
Muhammed Abbas Khan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Steinmann,

The link you gave above is quite hard on the eyes. There is a a lot of unnecessary movement of text. A written piece would have sufficed. Anyway, without wishing to go in to a detailed response as there were many errors in the video I think it would suffice to say:

That point three about 'taqiya' is from Shiaism in which case the Shia don't even accept the Quran in its present form. Furthermore, the commentator of the video mentions that the concept of taqiya is found in the Quran, this is a blatant lie. Where is his evidence for this statement.

In fact, the links below disprove the assertion that taqiyah is a part of Islam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNM8Vh7yJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gmGckI7Jc&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6DULS9m5e8&feature=relmfu

Regards,

Muhammed Abbas Khan
Dedicated

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muhammed Abbas Khan wrote:

Quote:
...the commentator of the video mentions that the concept of taqiya is found in the Quran,this is a blatant lie. Where is the evidence for this statement?

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. Taqiya is the practice of concealing one's beliefs in dangerous circumstances, such as persecution or toture, and it originates in the Qu'ran. See Sura 16 : 106.

Taqiya was developed to protect Shi'ites who were usually in the minority and suffered brutal oppression during the Abbasid and Safavid times, especially in Spain. The Sunni Muslims, on the other hand, rarely found it necessary to hide or renounce their beliefs. No term such as taqiya is used in Sunni jurisprudence - it is called "idtirar", meaning "being forced or coerced".

Sura 16: 108 clearly states " If anyone is compelled and professes unbelief with his tongue, while his heart contradicts him, in order to escape his enemies, no blame falls on him because God takes his servants as their hearts believe".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: