Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sao Paulo!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veryberryshelley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Sao Paulo!!! Reply with quote

Hiya!!!!

Has anyone moved from london to Sao Paulo and found work????

It's impossible to find info on Brazil!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Vecchia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, finding work in Brazil is easy with the right attitude. You won't find much online but I can assure you there are loads of schools out there that will hire you in an instant. Sao Paulo is a great city but salaries are not proportional to living costs so it won't be easy to make ends meet. As with any latin american country - take savings for 2 months at least!
Schools will be hiring at the end of Jan so I would head over now if you haven't already!
Good luck Brazil is a great country
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vecchia wrote:
Hey there, finding work in Brazil is easy with the right attitude. You won't find much online but I can assure you there are loads of schools out there that will hire you in an instant. Sao Paulo is a great city but salaries are not proportional to living costs so it won't be easy to make ends meet. As with any latin american country - take savings for 2 months at least!
Schools will be hiring at the end of Jan so I would head over now if you haven't already!
Good luck Brazil is a great country

I lived in Sao Paulo, and this is true.

Not much online work, but if you're there, you'll see teaching in the newsapers and other places. It's there, but they just seldom if ever recruit from abroad.

I also agree that salaries are not proportional to the cost of living there. It's a big international-like city, and the wages were low.

The best time for finding work was after Carnival. Not that SP has much of one, but I found that between CHristmas and Carnival, people just don't want to study and take English classes. However, right after Carnival, they suddenly seem ready again.
robertokun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in SP as well, and was worried that it might be too expensive compared to what you could get teaching English, even w/ an M.A. and some experience. To those of you that have been there, how much money do you think it takes to live there comfortably? (ie. have a decent apartment to yourself in a decent part of the city, eat well, go out and have a little fun, etc.)
2 over lee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm I think to live as you describe 5000 Real a month will be needed

and teaching english you will make 2500 to 3500 - working for an institute that is

I believe you would need to share an apart and do some cooking

it possible to live cheaply here if you shop at the right supermarket and drink at the right places...but to be comfortable - live the good life is surprisingly pricey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: