Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Davao City: Anyone live there or visited?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingcolours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Davao City: Anyone live there or visited? Reply with quote

Thinking about spending some time there...perhaps quite some time.
Any information about Davao will be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

FC
creeper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been there and really enjoyed it. At the time I was there when the strict mayor was in charge so I felt really safe. Quite poor as most of the Philippines is. You can see gated communities on the outskirts. I really liked "people's park" and the island off Davao.

I only spent a short amount of time there. Maybe if I was there too long it would get boring.

Do a search of "Davao" on the Korea forums and "tigerbeer" has written extensively about his travels there.
Wink
overhere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been there as well for a visit....Wouldn't be a bad place to retire...cheap and quiet..I found it quite safe and there are a fair number of westerners ...As Creeper stated it may get boring after awhile...seems the big thing to do there is go to the mall....I also spent time in General Santos City a couple hours away..again felt quite safe....don't let all the hype about Mindinao scare you off...you may die of boredom, but otherwise you should be OK.
Cyberkada

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overhere wrote:
I have been there as well for a visit....Wouldn't be a bad place to retire...cheap and quiet..I found it quite safe and there are a fair number of westerners ...As Creeper stated it may get boring after awhile...seems the big thing to do there is go to the mall....I also spent time in General Santos City a couple hours away..again felt quite safe....don't let all the hype about Mindinao scare you off...you may die of boredom, but otherwise you should be OK.

Spent a lot of time last year in Cagayan de Oro, Iligan and Butuan doing college enrollment systems for Mindanao State University. Nice area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: