Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extending a tourist visa past 6 months

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tarkaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Extending a tourist visa past 6 months Reply with quote

I'm here on a tourist visa, and I don't have a job. I'm not looking all that hard for one either. However, I'm here with my girlfriend, and I have reasonable means of supporting myself, so I'd like to stay here with her. What is the best way for me to stay in-country legally?

Thanks.
Vecchia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are serious with your girlfriend then why not go for a stable union visa? Check your consulate website for all the necessary info.
Tarkaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking into Stable Union, but it's not a foregone conclusion that I will get it. Also, these things occasionally take months to process.

Do you know how to stay past 6 months legally?
Vecchia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get on a student visa after your 6 months are up. The only problem is you will have to return to your home country, apply, wait and then re enter on your new visa which will cost �����. Also, the course you choose to study will need to be at a school/college recognised by the MEC.
Apparently, when you apply for a stable union PF will stamp your passport to show that it is in process so you can stay legally until you get another idea.
littlelauren86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can get on a student visa after your 6 months are up. The only problem is you will have to return to your home country, apply, wait and then re enter on your new visa which will cost �����

Is coming on a student visa really financially doable for folks teaching esl? Are they able to support themselves and pay for classes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: