Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most commonly used job listings website in Vienna/Austria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Oblique Speech

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Most commonly used job listings website in Vienna/Austria Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but doing a few searches failed to turn anything up. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the website most people use for job listings in Vienna. You know, the equivalent of Craigslist in the US, or profesia.sk in Slovakia. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lived in the region for over a decade, and I can tell you that there are VERY few job postings for Austria, ever. It's a tiny job market and jobs are typically NOT found from abroad in any case. You need to be here, with a work permit and usually some German language skills, to find anything; most work is on a self-employed basis, unless you've got the qualifications to apply for either university or international school positions.

I've never worked in Austria yet, though I had a an invitation to apply for a job there last year. One of my best teaching friends is Austrian and has worked in EFL there for years - that's how I know what I do about the job market there.

Last edited by spiral78 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Message Oblique Speech

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just asking out of curiosity (and not just for teaching), more than anything, since my wife and I live so close. If anyone knows what website(s) Austrians most commonly use, however slim the offerings, I'd be interested to know.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there for a few days next week; I'll ask my Austrian friend.
Message Oblique Speech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: