Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to decide between schools...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
photo2541

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Trying to decide between schools... Reply with quote

Hello! I've been researching schools and have come up with these two as likely candidates:

4-week TEFL Course Prague, CELTA: http://www.cactustefl.com/tefl/course.php?course_id=1028

and

4-week TEFL via The Language House: http://www.thelanguagehouse.net/teach-abroad/what-is-tefl/

If anyone has any knowledge of these schools and/or can recommend any others I would be most appreciative. Thank you!
Chris Westergaard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well The Language House of course...

No I'm clearly biased obviously towards TLH but I will say a few things.

CELTA is a huge name and can be used all over the place. So it's a good course and qualification.
We are accredited as well though. I think the main difference between us is that we do about twice the teaching practice and since we are not a super large name make up for that with tons of pre and post course support. We have an enormous supportive community of graduates that I think most courses simply don't have and it's what makes us stand out. You take our course and you enter into a 'family' of sorts.

Both decisions will be fine choices. Pick the one that gives you better service. We are really transparent at The Language House and you can meet literally over 100 graduates of the course if you want online. Just let me know and I'm happy to set it up.

I'm the owner btw just so there's no confusion.
Cheers,
Chris
fledex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

International House in Prague has another CELTA 4 week course. I did it there and it was administered well. Facilities were also very good. Some of the trainers are good, some not so good, so who you get for the TP sessions depends a little on the luck of the draw. Overall, it runs pretty well.
barabbas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say always go for a CELTA. You can use it outside the CR if you decide to move on, much more easily.
Arab Strap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just when you thought you'd heard the last from teflworldwide up pops Cara again......you've gotta admire this lady's spunk!
mr tree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arab Strap wrote:
And just when you thought you'd heard the last from teflworldwide up pops Cara again......you've gotta admire this lady's spunk!

at the risk of asking you for a useful, constructive, positive contribution to the world, what's your problem? Smile

sorry, i just see three sarcastic comments from you in a row, and it's not really clear why you'd be sarcastic about teflworldwide. i don't know of them being so horribly bad.... can you enlighten us?
Arab Strap

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about this mob.

'Cara' posted more times than me, and posted the same blurb each time.

I thought Dave had a policy against using the site for free publicity for language schools is all........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: