Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online teaching
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaFolie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Online teaching Reply with quote

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience teaching online, particularly with a company called ISUS?

All advice appreciated, feel free tp PM me.

Thanks in advance.
idiggs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have applied for a position there. I have yet to hear from them.
slaqdog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as above-no reply to applications which suggests they are unprofessional jokers ho hum......
muser

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: ISUS Reply with quote

Still no one heard from/about ISUS? They are advertising on Tefl.com now. I am about to move to Prague where there is a notorious lack of work - would be great to have something like this to fall back on.
klis

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of that company, however if they are able to show you that they are legit maybe you can double check with other people.

however, be careful they are alot of SCAM artist out there. IT is nice to now that other people are trying to help you avoid this.

GOOD LUCK !
anyway

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working for ISUS a while now. I understand there are about 150 trainers total. I have totally enjoyed my students, professionals in Spain who are in engineering, finance, etc. Not only are the lessons prepared, but many students don't have time to prepare for them and are just happy to chat about the topic in general. Zero prep time, short lessons (20-25 minutes) with a short report of corrections/etc., and enjoyable students make this a really easy job ($16 an hour). Oh, plus, frequent absences means paid web surfing...

Do you realize how many people apply for online teaching positions? I agree they should at least confirm receipt of your resume, but that would be automated at best. I have a website which receives lots of apps from people looking for work. Some of these applicants don't even write a thing in their email! They just send me a blank email! Like they wanted to cut and paste but forgot the paste part...

ISUS might not hire that many trainers on the west coast of the USA due to time difference/scheduling issues...
Moore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually know them personally (their office is just up the street from me, here in Madrid). They are part of Training Express, which is a pretty big company here: they are decent people and a well-established firm.
ofonda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: ISUS INTERVIEW Reply with quote

I've been contacted by them for an interview. Any additional information and/or guidance by anyone who knows ISUS personnel, or works for ISUS, would be appreciated. Please feel free to PM. Thank you.
WendyTruscott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , I have an interview tomorrow with ISUS Very Happy
Ofonda, did you get the job with them? if so, are there any problems with the company or payment for your teaching? Confused
Anyway, are you still working for ISUS?
Or does anyone else know anything about them before I take the plunge! i'm just a bit worried about giving my bank details to an online company and want to make sure that they don't make you work for a month then not pay you.Embarassed
Thanks Very Happy
ofonda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did interview with them and was in the middle of training when I was hired to do a short-term contract in another field. It was agreed that upon completion of the contract, I would re-contact them to complete training and begin work. In my estimation, they are a legit, and professional company. Good luck.
WendyTruscott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the reply Ofonda Wink
celta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more stories re ISUS?

i also read a lot of scams etc originate from Spain.

Thx Smile
ofonda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I worked for them. They are a legit company, and all the information they have posted on their website is accurate. They definitely have my endorsement as a good place to work for. Also, I was paid in a timely fashion. I also worked for English First, I would endorse them as well. Professionally operated, and payment was also made in a timely fashion. Any further questions please feel free to contact me.
celta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thx ofonda, that's great.

Can u really set ur own hours?

I've got a Q&A session soon, then the cert'n test. Any tips?!

Smile
ofonda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. On their web platform you dictate the hours/days you are available. Of course you will get more work if you are available during ISUS high demand hours (Madrid, Spain time zone, between 7:00AM and 4:00PM). Also, ISUS personnel will always ask you if you are available before they assign you a new student/class. As far as the Q&A, and the test, it is all somewhat informal and relaxed. If you familiarize yourself with the ISUS platform, and go through the training progression they recommend on the platform, you will do fine. The class you teach for the test is very open (Getting to Know You) and the person you deal with is friendly. The overall process isn't very academic, the environment is more geared towards encouragement, and support. I enjoyed working for them. I left because I'm exploring work in other fields, not because of any issues with ISUS, their personnel, or their students. The other good news for you is that the job is portable. Anywhere you have a reliable internet connection, you can work. Which equates to working anywhere in the world with reliable internet, and many times you don't have to deal with obtaining a work visa, (other than Spain of course). Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: