Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Massively OT help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoey_cufc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Massively OT help please Reply with quote

Hello all. I am currently trying to buy Ukraine rail tickets for a trip from Lviv to Donetsk. I have found timetables without trouble but just cannot find anywhere to actually buy tickets for it. How do people do it? Any help massively appreciated!!!
ecocks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the train station.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shoey_cufc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to be a way to book online surely????
ebsarver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, booking online is a somewhat nightmarish process, and still requires that you go to a train station to pick up the ticket that you purchased. At least this is what I was told by a local in Kyiv. I simply had her help me get the ticket I needed at a local train ticket dealer. You can get them either at the station itself, and in some larger cities there are satellite ticket vendors placed near Metro stations around the city. She elected to help me with the second option, as there is a ticket dealer just around the corner from her apartment.
ecocks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

It's a long way from Kansas,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shoey_cufc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebsarver wrote:
Apparently, booking online is a somewhat nightmarish process, and still requires that you go to a train station to pick up the ticket that you purchased. At least this is what I was told by a local in Kyiv. I simply had her help me get the ticket I needed at a local train ticket dealer. You can get them either at the station itself, and in some larger cities there are satellite ticket vendors placed near Metro stations around the city. She elected to help me with the second option, as there is a ticket dealer just around the corner from her apartment.

Thanks for that, I will try my luck at calling the station or something and try to get something sorted as I would prefer to have them in advance...or something to reassure me I wont be disappointed when I get to the station! Cool
Volta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these...

http://www.e-kvytok.com.ua/

http://www.poezda.net/en/

With the first one you can book individual seats, not just wagon class, but sometimes I had trouble getting the website to recognize the exact station. On the second one you should be able to order tickets, but that particular page is only in Russian. And yeah, it's true that you'll need to pick up the actual ticket at the station. You just have to print a voucher first.

Whatever you do, good luck! Train travel in Ukraine is always an experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: