Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Academy of New York Warsaw
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Moonshine Reply with quote

That must be a really illustrious career. Nothing I've seen in Poland could be described as groundbreaking but then again I've only done 20 years in 8 countries, so I might have missed summit.

It's like saying 'Ive played football all my life and Sunderland were the best team I ever played in.'
ecocks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ANY Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
Quite an odd, irrational post. I don't know what planet it was sent from, but:

Moonshadow_51 wrote:
People who post derogatory comments about other teaching professionals and post their names are very unhappy people. Calling strangers unqualified without having observed their work is purely undermining.
No idea what you're getting at here. Being unqualified doesn't necessarily equate to being a poor teacher. Unqualified = not having qualifications, such as a teaching certificate or degree in TESOL. Haven't you learned this distinction in the course of your long and illustrious career?

Moonshadow_51 wrote:
The issue is customer satisfaction. ANY draws high quality students to its school, and even they claim it is the best school in Warsaw.
High quality students? What exactly makes students 'high quality'? Is it that they pay their course fees on time and all drive black Mercedes?

Moonshadow_51 wrote:
The agenda here is obvious: there are some very annoying people working in Warsaw who have been turned down by ANY, and they aim to harm the school's reputation.
More of this unfocused, unsubstantiated, ad hominem nonsense. What are you getting at? What specific posts do you take issue with and why?

Moonshadow_51 wrote:
I will not be making any further posts on this topic, as the only way to deal with irrational, vengeful personalities is to ignore them.
I'm not talking to you anymore either! Starting....now! Razz

Seriously? Are we still in the 3rd grade?

Wait, don't answer that. You're not talking to us anymore. Very Happy

+1

This would be great work except for the crazy people you have to deal with in the industry (usually not the students).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the flaming & trolling continue, the thread will not along with the makers of the flaming & trolling.
dynow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that took 7 pages?!

good ole' Poland forum.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynow wrote:
that took 7 pages?!

good ole' Poland forum.

Something tells me it's not about flaming and trolling and everything to do with the school in question not liking their business model being exposed.
Moonshadow_51

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: ANY Reply with quote

The Academy of New York has approached Dave's ESL Cafe with the demand that no more negative posts be made about it. This website has actually deleted the valid posst about the company's illegal taxation of employees and its faulty contract.

Very disappointed in this website.

Teachers, it's just not a good idea to get involved with this school.
Infinite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: NY Academy Reply with quote

Moonshadow_51 wrote:

As a general rule, it is considered rude to inquire about salary during an initial screening interview. Sure, you want to know, but money isn't discussed until mutual interest is established.

LOL... we may love our jobs, but 'cmon now. Time is money. Especially in this profession.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: