Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50 euros an hour!New school wanting TEFL teachers. Quick !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpanishFly

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: 50 euros an hour!New school wanting TEFL teachers. Quick ! Reply with quote

Just jesting . I'm doing an experiment .
Mouse

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't do more experiments like that. My heart can't take it. Wink
lozwich

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks for the early morning infarction, Sr Fly! Very Happy

And a big HI to all the lurkers out there.. (that is what you're experimenting with, isn't it??)

Loz.
Mouse

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurkers? Here? In the Spain forum?! No way. I refuse to believe it. We have such a vibrant, populous forum here that nobody could read the messages and not join in (says Mouse, counting the number of regular posters on one hand... ok, two hands... or one really interesting hand).
lozwich

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look how many people have read the ridiculously long (and completley off topic) movies in english thread! Gadzooks, batman!

I only post because I want to be the one with the highest number below my name.... Razz
Mouse

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozwich wrote:
Look how many people have read the ridiculously long (and completely off topic) movies in english thread! Gadzooks, batman!

Yes, Robin, quite incredible. And if mine wasn't the last reply in a significant number of these Spain threads, I would offer that perhaps they needed to get a life. Wink This forum is still exceptionally quiet. Hmmm... Maybe if you posted some interesting threads it would help, Mouse (referring to the Korean forum we need more threads on the willingness of Spanish girls, and how rude and awful this country is in general).

lozwich wrote:
I only post because I want to be the one with the highest number below my name.... Razz

A worthy quest! Soldier on!
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise!!

You've got a visitor! As you can see, I'm not from around these parts, but I thought I'd try to liven up your board.

Got to say, though, that things aren't that much better over on the Italy forum. Over the last few days, there have been a few more posts, but we can't muster up a thread which goes longer than 4 or 5 posts.

Teachers in Italy obviously have fabulous social lives. It's just the boring old farts like me (and you) that post...

Come and visit some time!
lozwich

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TiR!

I'm not here either, but have the dubious honor of having started the epic 'movies in english' thread. If only I'd known!!

So... ermmm...

Who's better looking? Italian men or Spanish men??

That should get the invective flowing...
SEndrigo

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozwich wrote:
Hi TiR!

I'm not here either, but have the dubious honor of having started the epic 'movies in english' thread. If only I'd known!!

So... ermmm...

Who's better looking? Italian men or Spanish men??

That should get the invective flowing...

Who cares about Italian or Spanish men!

How about the birds????

they're both lovely...I think Spanish girls are easier to talk to, however!
lozwich

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: harumph Reply with quote

Well, SEndrigo, since I'm a (as you so eloquently put it) bird, I care about the men!

Evil or Very Mad
anthyp

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you care about the men, don't come to China! They're not terribly handsome, and they don't dress well. But there are plenty of good - looking young foreigners such as myself running around ... Wink

Oh and $5 an hour is pretty good for China; 50 Euros per would give you enough to retire on here after two months. Sorry but you know I'm a stickler for keeping to the thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Italian men a little unappealing. They expect three meals a day, compare their girlfriends unfavourably to mamma, and expect women to iron their shirts for them. If they suspect you of carrying on with another bloke, well, run for cover. The papers are full of stories of men who murder their wives on suspicion of adultery.

On the other hand, Spanish men lisp, which I find a complete turn-off. I'm sorry, but I just cannot find a man attractive who can't pronounce his "s".

Well, I probably raised a few hackles!

One thing that irritates me beyond everything else, though, is the assumption that if I talk to a man, it's because I fancy him. Normal male-female platonic office relationships just aren't seen as being feasible if the woman is English. Maybe because we have a reputation? I don't know...
SEndrigo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teacher in Rome wrote:
I find Italian men a little unappealing. They expect three meals a day, compare their girlfriends unfavourably to mamma, and expect women to iron their shirts for them. If they suspect you of carrying on with another bloke, well, run for cover. The papers are full of stories of men who murder their wives on suspicion of adultery.

On the other hand, Spanish men lisp, which I find a complete turn-off. I'm sorry, but I just cannot find a man attractive who can't pronounce his "s".

Well, I probably raised a few hackles!

One thing that irritates me beyond everything else, though, is the assumption that if I talk to a man, it's because I fancy him. Normal male-female platonic office relationships just aren't seen as being feasible if the woman is English. Maybe because we have a reputation? I don't know...

It's no wonder you find Italian men unappealing - you're in the south! Laughing

As far as I've heard, Spanish men have a better reputation, but then again, I wouldn't know !
SEndrigo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: harumph Reply with quote

lozwich wrote:
Well, SEndrigo, since I'm a (as you so eloquently put it) bird, I care about the men!

Evil or Very Mad

Oh well, could have fooled me Laughing

errr...how's Mexico then? Laughing
SueH

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear TiR,

I'll continue this thread on its' random way. As you may have surmised from some of my previous posts I intend at some stage in the relatively near future to wander out to Italy to teach, resurrect my Italian (possibly with the Roman accent from 30 plus years ago), and possibly have a last few winters flings in the Dolomites, Madonna, Cortina or the like before my knees give up.

There does seem to be an assumption in certain quarters that I'd be going in search of more. But frankly, from an independent woman's point of view, are Italian men in their 40's really a practical, house trained proposition? It seems to me that they want as smooth a transition as possible from the comforts of home to the comforts of home, with only the personnel changing. That, or a mistress; neither of which appeals in the slightest.

Also, as an English 'sportiva' I really can't do the well dressed elegance look. I can be 'seria' for work but the bella figura is largely beyond me. Do they make allowances?

Yours in Pinot Grigio
Sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: