Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAYTHEON/SALTS now on the trash dump of history
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Learning English par excellence Reply with quote

Oh yes....a Raytheon recruiter. You can trust THEM.... Laughing

It is official...sorry that you got wrong informationized. But it is likely that the Raytheon lady didn't know that the contract was not being renewed.

For the few Amreekies on the job site that understood Arabic, there were plenty of hints that this was about to happen. I heard from a credible source that an existing subpar-subcontractor will now get the contract.

You see...the way it works is like this....Raytheon gets their moneyz at the beginning and then runs around in circles, delays, and slow-rolls every request that the Saudis make to actually fund any of the required deliverables. Thus...they keep their profit margin as fat as they can. At the end of the contract...Sowdies are angry that very little actually got delivered...but the next contract is agreed to anyway at a very high level....Prince someone or other (next NUM NUM in line) shakes hands with top guy at Raytheon and the deal is done.

Sowdies "managers" Rolling Eyes are unhappy with Raytheon....Raytheon makes plenty of excuses....and before you know it....another contract has completed and you get to start the whole process all over again.

Unfortunately, this time around the only blokes that actually did any work (the teachers), got the shaft. The new crew gets to inherit all of the problems for half the money.....Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Raytheon was never interested in running a school there. They had to do it as part of the agreement to sell Sowdies missiles and other war fighting stuffs.

They could care less whether or not the cadets learn English....as long as they getz paid...which they do at the beginning of the contract.

Raytheon just does what the Sowdies tell them to do. Raytheon and SALTS have not had any say as to what gets taught or how to teach it for many, many years now.

The locals are in charge of all of those decisions...hence the "continual" improvement of the program.

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by BajaLaJaula on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound like you had first-hand experience. Appreciate your response. I will look forward to checking these guyz off my lizt. HALELUYAH!!!
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Was never my rodeo Reply with quote

No, not first hand...but enough info on them from credible sources over the years....Even the Saudis have figured out the game.

Have known many of the Raytheon/SALTS guys and feel bad that their cash cow has now bit the dust.

Well, I guess that is to be expected...as the Sowdies have to figure out how to keep all of their social programs funded with oil selling for 1/3 of what it was a few years ago.
revilo

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIKES
sheikhitnow

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still $160,000 Raytheon EFL jobs in Afghanistan. And colleagues at the now-defunct cash cow at the Qassim helicopter training base migrated to Blue Force where they're making around SR25,000 to start + private housing and lightly shared company car.
revilo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. MOD edit
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: salary downfall Reply with quote

Blue Farce has lost their contract now too...the salary numbers keep coming down.

Let's see who gets the next one, Chenega or Advancia? Blue Farce was around 65K USD (I have heard say). New salary, if I had to venture a guess will likely be around 45K to 50K.

SALTS salaries were around almost double that, back in the day, now the new outfit (a subcontractor of IKEA j/k) is rumored to be paying around 50K USD a year.

For that kind of money and the students that being babysat....HORRIBLE....HORRIBLE....HORRIBLE....STUDENTS...and severely unqualified Sowdy managers that could give a rat's a**e about your well-being...."I would say, TAKE IT and SHOVE IT where the sun don't shine."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: