Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work tax free in Germany!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: de-registration Reply with quote

longtimeteach wrote:
I telephoned the AB u. EWamt for this info yesterday: The law has been changed on de-registration. One doesn't have to de-register anymore but one does still have to register at a new place.

teach, the procedures may vary from state to state, and they each have their own laws.

Like yourself, I too found it very curious that landlords may find themselves responsible for deregistering a tenant - so much so, that I checked it out and came up with this little snippet from Badem-W�rttemberg:

http://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=55902&template=im_det_akt_1_1

It turns out that a person in the L�ndle no longer has to deregister himself, and the landlord doesn't have to deregister him any more either, but only if the person is moving to another apartment inside Germany. If he moves abroad, or stays in Germany but doesn't move into another apartment, he does have to deregister himself, just like before.

One wonders why landlords had anything to do with it in the first place - could it be something in the water that makes them think this way, or am I missing something? Confused
longtimeteach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: de-registering redux Reply with quote

Landlords do it because if they don't they're charged public services (i.e. trash, water, etc.) for the person who is no longer living there. It's in their financial interest to do it.

Private persons don't have to deregister themselves when moving someplace in Germany either. They have to register at the new place though so that, effectively, de-registers them at the former place. It just removes one extra visit to the EW, that's all. What with the lines there in cities of any size, one less visit to an EW is a welcome one, imo.

While each Bundeland does have their own local laws and it's always good to check these, I was given to understand that this new regulation was Germany-wide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: