Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice wanted for a newcomer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sciphoto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not true at all. I know several reputable institutions who readily hire teachers who have done TEFL cert courses. Also, I don't run that pyramid scam stuff you are slandering me about. I am just offering solid realistic advice to people from my experience. I don't understand why you take such offence to what I am offering people? I don't find it unethical nor unreasonable. I received wonderful training at Next Level and readily recommend it to anyone else who is thinking about teaching abroad. That's just my experience. If you or anyone else has better advice for others, by all means, go ahead, but please don't be rude and condescending.
Thanks for your time psuedo-savior of the teaching world,
Mr. Rosenzweig
Andare

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that applicants get a discount if they quote you as a referrer. I assume you get a bit of cash as well. So your post wasn't entirely altruistic, was it now?

I haven't heard anything bad about Next Level. They're probably every bit as good as they say you are. And I do know that similar organisations - teflworldwide for example - have loads of employment contacts throughout the country. But bottom line, if you want something that's going to be universally recognized worldwide, go for a CELTA or a Trinity.
Sheep-Goats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Search for the Secret Pyramid Reply with quote

stillnosheep wrote:
Unfortunately apart from accredited Celta/Trinity house courses other so-called EFL or TEFL certificates are recognised by nobody except for the companys that issue them and so are of no use for anything except obtaining jobs within that company - with the singular exception of the certificate offered by Mr Rosenzweig's ex-employer's which also offers you the chance to recruit others to the organisation and profit thereby.

It used to be called Pyramid Sales.

To be fair, there are other certificates recognized by other universities. This doesn't change the fact, however, that CELTA = Nike, Trinity = Reebok, and anything else = Walmart. If you have a snobby running mate you should probably be in Nikes, but most running mates aren't that snobby anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sciphoto wrote:
Have you heard of Next Level? I don't know if you have applied yet to these other schools but I am a recruiter/graduate from Next LEvel and we have a $200 discount for any applicants who list a recruiter as a reference. My name is Ben Rosenzweig. Email:[email protected]
www.nextlevelprague.com is the website. Check it out if you have any questions. They were really good when I was there in August 2004. I had a job lined up throught them before I even graduated and they have lots of great resources and contacts all over Prague and the Czech Republic.
Good luck to you!
Ben Rosenzweig

It is a scam. Ben is selling his countrymen and women. He obviously has no shame. It is all so transparent. In another job it is sad but in TEFL where pay and conditions are so bad and few people have any savings or asset it is despicable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: