Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTC Muscat - salary package?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
balqis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet the technical institutes/colleges, as I said, are still a different kettle of fish.
They prepare students to the level of diploma only, they are vocational. Apparently there is a whole network of them all over Oman. They are a grade lower than Kulliat Takaniya, and I don't which ministry manages them. Their salary for ESL was 700 OR in the ad which I saw.
balqis
Sleepwalker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ministry of Manpower runs Vocational Training Centres in Seeb, Saham, Sur, Ibri and Shinas. They offer vocational, technical and commercial programs.
balqis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SW. It must be what I saw an ad for, this network of training institutes, with this infamous 700 OR salary.

balqis
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes agreed balqis it seems this infamous 700 OMR monthly basic salary offer has been standard offer for these vocational colleges for quite a long time now with no signs of change...especially if one works in Muscat!
ardiles81

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusingly, I did have an interview with the guys a few weeks back, it was going very well until they asked what I was expecting. Naturally, I said the 1,900 OMR as per the ad....in his brusque uptight way, the head honcho conducting the interview tightened his face and brought the interview to an abrupt end.

Bullet dodged as it turns out. Laughing
Shaecarts

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so MTC means either 1900 or 700. how is 700 a month worth it? is that without the added allowances?
balqis

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 700 OR ad for technical vocational colleges I remember now vaguely, but I think there was added to it a housing allowance. Al Nawa recruited for them a while ago, and this is, I mean their website, where I saw the ad.

balqis
balqis

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong. The ad is again on their website. It is now 800 OR monthly and no mention of housing.

balqis
David S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balqis wrote:
Yes, we know it, they are the gems of ESL profession, therefore they are paid so much more than MoHE or MoM inferior ones. Ta ta ....

I though wanted to say that I did see with me own eyes recruitment ads for some vocational technical institutes, as if a grade lower than Takaniya Colleges, a whole network of them apparently existing in Oman, under the auspices of I don't know what ministry, where students graduate with a vocational diploma. Perhaps the acronym [ is this the right term?] for them is also MTC? If so, ir even if not so, the salary they offer to ESL teachers is exactly 700 OR a month. I saw the add once on the Al Nawa website, they, Al Nawa, recruited for these vocational technical colleges/institutes in Oman. So the figure 700 is true.
Anyway, chapeau bas to the gem ones worthy of 1900 OM! You impress us all in MoHE and MoM.

This is NOT true for Muscat Technological College.
Al nawa recruit for Technological Colleges and Colleges of Applied Sciences where the starting salary ranges from 700-900. HTC is one of the standard technological colleges in Muscat. MTC is different and is the Militray Technological College.
David S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ardiles81 wrote:
Amusingly, I did have an interview with the guys a few weeks back, it was going very well until they asked what I was expecting. Naturally, I said the 1,900 OMR as per the ad....in his brusque uptight way, the head honcho conducting the interview tightened his face and brought the interview to an abrupt end.

Bullet dodged as it turns out. Laughing

There must be some confusion here between HTC ( a standard technological college) and MTC which is a distinct/distinctive Military Technological College. You do not specify clearly who precisely you were interviewed by.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: