Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAZOON
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Back to the point Reply with quote

Well, it seems that some quarters are trying to divert the attention from what has been initially said about the college. I just want to remind everybody that the thread about Mazoon College reflected the bitter experience some teachers had there. The thread is based on facts supported with crucial points. What has been said the unprofessionalism, disrespect and incompetence is all true. Why should we let other suffer and sollow the same bitter pill if there is a way to warn them? What has been said about the unskilled HOD is all true. The disgraced HOD should relinquish his position, as the staff will no longer have faithful in him. He should resign for moral reasons as it is a matter of credibility. Students will lose faith in the department as well as their parents. The incompetent HOD-the ex-monk should undertsand that he tarnished the image of the College and the English Department. The story could have become otherwise if he had become patient and considerate. I still say to my dear colleauges, please stay away from this college if you have sense.

yoyo
Wander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Back to the point Reply with quote

yoyo, surely it's not so bad if conversation contains digressions from time to time. I thought that's what human speakers do naturally Smile

Regarding attested documents, it is often acceptable to an employer for employees to take original documents out to the Arabian Peninsula and have them attested out there. Of course, the employer has to have confidence in your authenticity and you have to want to take such documents out with you. I have found in the past that, whether attested documents (i.e. photocopies that are legally sworn to be true copies of originals) are provided or not, employers often want to see original documents at some stage.

When in the Middle East, I have seen fake documents that look exactly like my husband's genuine documents. My husband always provides university contact information so that an employer can call up the university to check their authenticity directly.

Wander
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official (and wander too just in case),

The attestation of documents is very specific in Oman - and very expensive if done out of your country. And, no, the employer doesn't pay for it... I doubt that the person in charge in Oman has much idea. I had to call the US State Department to get the process - and even that took about 10 transfers before I found the right person.

It depends on your country of residence, I can only speak for the US. I was in the DC area so I could do it myself both times and it still costs around $100. I actually wrote out the process in the US once before on this board... I wonder what thread that was...

VS
on edit: found it... called 'Attestation of Documents' strangely enough - just down the page. Cool
Integrity1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you YO YO,

The majority of the comments that I made about this appalling person in my first posting on this thread were edited, but I also made the criticisms that you have pointed out in your recent massage.

I should also add the fact that he is just down right rude. This inept person doesn't know how to listen, or more than likely refuses (because he is so insecure). If anybody thinks that being talked "at" by someone is enjoyable, or being shut up when legitimately attempting to respond, by a loud clicking of fingers in your face followed by a tinny, queeny shrill "Get out of my office now, this interview is over"... for no apparent reason is a sane, trustworthy or worthy person...then go for it. Similarly, if you want to work for someone who is clueless, old-fashioned and unethical about curriculum, syllabus and assessment then...go for it. And if you want to be answerable to someone who will stab you in the back just as soon as he'd pass a furtive glance your way...then go for it.

Before you decide though, take our advice, read through, chronologically, the messages on this thread, after which, if you are an even remotely sensible person you will have reconsidered joining this College, at the moment. Similarly, Mazoon College might change its mind about this person.

Of course I can only speak from my persoanl experience of this college. Moreover, it appears that there are other educational establishments in Oman that you'd be better off investigating.

Good luck.

I1
Integrity1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ODE TO an HOD via mci ���!

Out of the muddy Waters and into the forum flows
The wicked-witch of Mazoon College who everybody knows

As the screamer, the diva, the twee inglorious twit
Or affectionately by all of us as the invidious �

�Stultum hominum� Potter�s side-kick may well scream
Confined to the annals of history is what we all dream

To jump on the band-wagon at this most injurious time
Adds insult to injury you unnecessary enzyme

You are rotten, near forgotten and offer nothing but your spin
A horrid little religious freak who does nothing else but sin

You�re anathema to reason, and to decency you see
And everyone who meets you hates your inveterate hypocrisy.

So from out of your closets I provoke you misfits one by one
Like David with Goliath�Integrity has you on the run

How many more will I goad out
With my unintended SHOUT

Like Saladin, who at the castle, found the way to de-fortify
Your miserable defences I shall chisel at and continue to defy

Thus adoring disciples across the globe do not linger on mci�s words
AS THEY WILL MESS YOU UP AND STICK TO YOU LIKE AWFUL SWELLY �

And as we meander through all the devices
We systematically expose all of the Mazoon vices

And thus the jangle of the clash of styles�the distraction
Is at last vivified and no longer remains � an abstraction.

Yes erudition is my mission that I must concede
To plant and sow and to let grow the very seed of suspicion,
Thus your words are the compost that we all really need
To show you up for what you are, so give us more ammunition.

And of course your offerings are cheap and indoctrinational
You�re a Mazoony and a malign machination
Of that specious disease which corrupts us all
You�re a celebrated abomination

But sarcasm as we all know is the lowest form of wit
Yet responses undigested render nothing but a blur
So in the interests of equity and to expose this �
I hope that you�ll indulge me and�your wrath I�ll not incur.

Integrity1 � again � (�)!
stabnkill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, stick to the poetry, it's much, much better than your prose.
Signor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Attestation Reply with quote

As far as I know, there are two ways to do this:

FIRST

Take the documents to a notary public (or country equivilent) and get him/her to stamp and declare copies to be actual copies of original documents.

Send the attested copies (usually bound together by the notary) to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (or country equivilent) and they stamp and sign that the notary public is authorised to attest the documents.

Send the documents to the Omani Embassy for stamping.

Each step involves a small fee.

SECOND

Bring the documents into the country and do the rounds of the Embassy etc to get the attestation completed.

Hope this helps
official

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I appreciate your reply, all of you, but I have decided to apply for one of the Ministry of Higher Education jobs. The pay is much better, more secure, and I do not mind living in a small town and driving to Muscat for fun!

Officially Decided
oh_lucky_me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Integrity1 - not only for the entertainment value of your postings, but also shedding light on who 'mci' is. I had been wondering who could have posted the somewhat libelous and completely unnacurate information about the new centre in Seeb.
oh_lucky_me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS. Unaccurate is a combination of un/true and in/accurate.
mci

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Columbo,

Before you light up a cigar and pat yourself on the back about uncovering my secret identity, give your glass eye a wiggle and look at the posts again.

I can't recall any libellous statement I have made - inaccurate perhaps, but isn't this wonderful forum a hotbed of suppositions and gossip? Any info on the new center in Seeb is taken from this very forum.

And, no, I'm not the 'witch' of Mazoon - I believe that Integrity1 was simply adding some poetry to his contributions as I did to poke a bit of fun.

Your analytical skills are about as strong as your spelling - thanks for contributing to the humor on the forum.

Mellifluous Criticism Intended
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: