Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What salary range can my friend expect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
once again

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just re read this series of posting and feel the need to add this.
I am currently working on an induction course for students moving up to secondary school from primary school. I teach three hours in the morning between 9 and 12.15 with a 15 minute break in the middle of the classes. I am being paid 1,000 Hong Kong dollars a morning for this. There are four teachers instructing the course. The course materials are provided by the company with no need for lesson prep other than making sure our handouts are photocopied. There is one british born "white" teacher, one Portugese born "white" teacher, one British born "Chinese" teacher and one American born "Chinese" teacher. All getting the same rate of pay and all working at one of the top secondary schools in HK. The nonsense that is put on this forum about HK should now be very apparent.
Cobra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A moderator posted an incorrect message? Really?
once again

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you suggesting that a moderator is not capable of posting an incorrect message, or are you being sarcastic?
prplfairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobra,

I'm not in charge of this "sandbox", as you call it. I simply expressed my opinion as to what is fruitful and useful content; a list of playground equipment and how I am abusing it not being in that catagory.

If you would like to adress ANY of the actual issues I raised then please do so. Unfortunalty you take the tactic that your mentor, or possibly alter ego, Roger, takes and don't adress anything in the previous postings.

Examples? Sure-If you posess this wealth of knowledge about HK why have you never posted anything about HK? Why didn't you respond to my quotes which expressed Roger's extremism? Why didn't you respond to my scenario concerning illegal work? Why didn't you respond to my propsal that this forum's purpose is to speak instructivly about HK and to tell people the reality of the situation, not just the letter of the law? The list goes on and on but you can start with those though.

How have you respond? You tell me about my spirit, call me "king of the sandbox", a bully, and unteachable. I've said it to Roger and I'll say it to you:speak to the issues. You don't like me, that much is obvious. I don't care. It appears no one else does either. You can continue to be a pest, the option I'm well aware you will most likely choose, or you can SPEAK ABOUT HONG KONG? IS THIS THE HONG KONG FORUM? HAVE YOU DEVOTED ONE SINGLE WORD OF YOUR POSTINGS IN THIS FORUM TO HONG KONG? No you haven't. Is this your way of lobbying for a Hong Kong off topic forum? Before I became entangled in this volley with you I actaully gave advice about ... about...wait for it...Hong Kong life to people in this forum, the type of advice that you are either unwilling or unable to give. Why is that? Why are you only interested in using this foum to salvage your ego? I think this discussion has run its course and then some. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have anything ele to say to me. It's a new address and I only check it in cafes so any spam or viruses are useless.

This forum can be put to much better use that it has been. If that suggeston makes me a bully or some sort of royalty on your imaginary playground then so be it. I just think this forum should be about Hong Kong and how to help people out in Hong Kong. Do not think, however, that you will outlast me with your seemingly endless amount of time you devote to your time in Dave's ESL.
Minhang Oz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prplfairy
Please don't tell me you're an English teacher. I'd always been led to believe Hong Kong standards are high.
kurva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prpl fairy,

I hope you are an English teacher because we need more people like you to tell it like it is. Haven't we all had enough of the Rogers, Cobras and Bertrands of this forum?
Gilly23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurva wrote:
Dear Prpl fairy,

I hope you are an English teacher because we need more people like you to tell it like it is. Haven't we all had enough of the Rogers, Cobras and Bertrands of this forum?

Word to ya brotha!
Minhang Oz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven posts in eight days on the HK Forum; and half of those from the China Side!
Knock yourselves out guys.
Anyhoo, you sent us Bertrand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: